Saturday, August 11, 2007

Another Tag and a Few Other Things

Well I have been tagged by Jamie to do a '7 Random Things About Me' post so here it goes!
1- I enjoy watching animal planet and thought it was hilarious the other day when I saw a pig going to the bathroom in a mini toilet (it really was amazing- I don't know how they taught it to do that!)
2- My favorite animal at the zoo is the polar bear. I think it is awesome that they just get to lay there and swim all day.
3- I love to eat fruit and one of my new found favorites are dried mangoes from Costco.
4- Whenever I eat a burrito I usually take a lot of the meat and beans out of it cause I think they always fill it up with too much stuff (you probably don't understand this one unless you've ever seen me eat one). What can I say, my favorite part is the tortilla.
5- I sometimes have a reaccuring dream that I am back in High School and ditching a bunch of my classes which then makes it to where I don't get to graduate. (??? If you have any interpretation for this, please let me know).
6- I know all the words to 'Gangsta's Paradise'- which I learned in like 8th grade.
7- Two things that I am determined to have when I get a nice house are a hammock and a porch swing.

In addition to that, here's a few other things I want to share.
One, David and I got Madden the sweetest little kicks off of ebay. David is determined to make sure his little guy is a basketball player. At the rate he is growing though, I'm thinking he may be a good candidate to be a linebacker. Here are his kicks:

This is Madden in his 'Lebron James' shoes. So Handsome!

I just love this little guy so much and love spending time with him!


Second, I got in the mail yesterday a little flyer for 'Time Out For Women' that is held in Phoenix in September. I went last year with my mom, grandmas, and a bunch of my aunts and had a blast. It was such a great program, the talks were so inspirational and most of the speakers were rather funny. I remember feeling the spirit so strongly with the music and everything and I can't wait to go again this year! I strongly recommend it for all women who may have a chance to go! It does cost money to go but it is so worth it! Here is the link if you want to check out the info: http://deseretbook.com/time-out/

Lastly, I am saddened by the passing of the beloved apostle James E Faust. I have come to greatly appreciate and love the apostles and prophet of the church. They are such amazing men and I don't doubt that they have been called of God. I'm so grateful for their service and love for us. He will be missed!

"One of the greatest blessings of life and eternity is to be counted as one of the devoted disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ" (James E Faust).

2 comments:

Jaime Stephens said...

I loved your random tag... nice work. Those are the cutest pictures of Madden!! I love the kicks too!

Anonymous said...

cool kicks