Saturday, August 25, 2007

Madden's Breakfast

Well today was the day I decided to try to give Madden something other than milk. Our doc said he preferred to wait until 6 months before introducing other foods but I think it was time for Madden to try new things. He has been waking up twice a night for the last couple weeks (instead of the one time that I had grown accustomed too)- so I think he was getting hungrier and was ready. So this morning he woke me up at about 6:30 and we played around for a little while (doing our normal routine of jammin out to some CMT). Then at 8:00 we made some rice cereal and decided to give it a try. Here is Madden- ready to start eating. =)

He did really good with eating from a spoon. After about half way through though I think he was getting mad cause I wasn't scooping it up quick enough- he likes doing things his way. It was hard to keep him from grabbing the spoon and the bowl- but we made it with no injury! And like Grandma Hall said would happen- when it was said and done, there was rice cereal all over him and me. You can't see very well since the cereal is so light- but here is Madden after he was done eating.

I just LOVE being a mom to this amazing little man. =)

2 comments:

Jaime Stephens said...

He is so cute! I remember Savannahs 1st feeding it is so fun...

G'ma Hall said...

...all I can do is smile at this post, being a grandma is such a blessing!!