Saturday, September 22, 2007

Bad day turned good

Well I think that this has been the longest stretch that I haven't done a new post. But no fear fellow bloggers- I will be back and up to speed once again. =) This week has been pretty hectic. I never thought being a mom could be so stressful and tiring. Madden has been especially fussy this week... he must be teething (which has been my explanation anytime he fusses more than normal. I've been thinking he is teething for like the past month- but nothing yet!) But there were a few days this week I thought I was going to go crazy- he wouldn't take naps and wouldn't want to be anywhere but being held- while standing up. Thursday was an especially bad day and I was trying hard to control my temper (I've been praying for extra patience lately). I was frustrated that I wasn't getting any housework done and wasn't able to do my workout. Nothing was working so I decided to tough it up and take him outside since he loves being out (I HATE the heat and it was a little over 100). We went to the dog park with Belle and let her loose in the park while I layed on a blanket with Madden. He was so good the entire time we were outside. Being there made me realize just once again how grateful I am to be a mom. I feel so blessed to have this sweet little innocent boy in my life. Just one little smile can wipe away all the previous frustrations I've had (I'm sure you mom's know what I'm talking about). It was a needed reminder to put everything else aside and just enjoy my son for a while. And of course I took some pics: =)



And just as a side note- since I don't think I've ever posted any pictures of Madden not happy... he HATES the vacuum. Something about it just scares him to death and makes him cry every time it comes on. I thought it was funny at first and thought he would get over it... but nope.

2 comments:

The Overstreets said...

That is hilarious! I thought it would totally freak Jaxon out, but it makes him jump when I first turn it on, but after that he just watches and stares at it! haha. That is too funny!! Too cute!

Taralee said...

ha ha. He looks hilarious...in a WAY cute way. I love it.