Sunday, September 16, 2007

Highlights and Lowlights

We have had quite a bit going on recently so I figured I would share some of the highlights and lowlights of the last few days.
Last Thursday my volleyball team had another game. Unfortunately we were a little out of sync and didn't do too well. We won one game and lost two. But since we did so well the first week we are still up at the top of our league.
David finally had the time to set up Madden's high chair. Until now I had just been feeding him while holding him in my lap (which wasn't too easy). The high chair is really cute and he really likes it, plus it is alot easier for me. And my big boy is now eating oatmeal instead of rice cereal. We'll probably start the veggies and fruit here soon. Since I'm sure you are all concerned with what he is eating. =)
We went to the dog park one night and Madden had a blast swinging in the swings. He thought it was funny when I got on the ground and pushed him while saying 'boo' whenever he got close to me. It was so cute.
David brought me flowers after work one day and said "happy 23 month anniversary". It was so sweet- I LOVE flowers. =) And ya, we will be married for 2 years next month, how crazy is that!
David was part of the top 10% in performance for University of Phoenix so he was able to attend 'Top Performers' on Friday. UOP does a big thing at the Marriott Resort in Scottsdale and gets everyone a room.
So because of this, Grandma Hall was kind enough to watch Madden all day Friday and have him stay with her Friday night so that David and I could have a night alone. I will say it was pretty tough being away from him for a whole day, but it was nice for David and I (even though about every 15 minutes I would mention Madden). We hung out by the pool, relaxed in our room, and went to dinner with some friends. It was great. I'm so proud of David and all of his hard work- he even got a special award at one of the meetings. Good job babe! I do have to say though that I was so happy when we went to pick up Madden- we always have lots of fun together! =)
We attended the funeral for a family friend- Charles Alan Clark (Al as I always knew him) on Saturday. It was a sad day- but the service was really nice. David has a lot of funny stories with him and Al while he was growing up. He was always very kind to us. And even though it wasn't the happiest of settings, we went out to lunch after the funeral with Grammy, and David's mom and some of her friends. And today just happens to be David's mom's birthday- Happy Birthday!!!
We bought a new TV. It is HUGE. We knew we wanted to get one for our new house but we found such a good deal if we got one now that we just couldn't pass it up. It looks funny in our tiny condo. David is excited to watch sports on it- and speaking of... the Cardinals won today- GO CARDINALS!
All in all it was a pretty good weekend. Busy and good. And this coming weekend is going to be busy for me again cause my mom and aunts are coming down for Time Out For Women. I am SO excited to go!!!
I hope everyone else had a good weekend!

7 comments:

The Overstreets said...

Wow that was a busy weekend! It sounds like a lot of fun though! I couldn't even imagine leaving Jaxon for that long, I have a hard time leaving him for like an hour! haha. But a weekend away- who remembers those days! haha. So glad you had a fun weekend, and don't worry, this Thursday's games will be better!

Jaime Stephens said...

Wow sounds like a fun but busy week. HOw nice to enjoy just you and the hubby, and I bet maddens grandma loved it too. What cute pictures of madden! I especially love the one on the swing he is a cutie...

Taralee said...

holy moley...sounds like a fun and busy week. And a HUGE tv to end it all...WOW! You should let us have your old one! ha ha. just kidding. Maybe someday we'll get to jam out on guitar hero on the big screen. FUN, FUN!!! Love the pictures of you and madden. So cute.

Taralee said...

OH, and ps...CONGRATS to Dave! What a hard worker! I'm glad he got special treatment for all his dedication. WAY TO GO DAVID! WOOOOOWEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeee!!!

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

Sounds like alot of fun! By the way you look great Amanda! You are always so pretty. Cute pics of the fam!

Taralee said...

I want a new post of the hall fam. I love looking at and reading your blog. So cute. I miss my amanda. :(

Nicole said...

Holy Cow Your Boy in the swing picture has tenney written all over his face!!!!! I love it!!!! you guys look great and sounds like your havin fun and doin good. Hopefully we get to see you soon!!!love ya