Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Activity Days Girls

I have been the activity days leader in our ward for almost 2 years now. For those who don't know- activity days is for the girls in primary (ages 8-11). I think that it is similar to scouts, in that the girls have certain activities or things that they have to do or 'pass-off'. Our ward has two activity days groups and I have been the leader of the younger ones- ages 8 to 10. I hold activity days about two times a month and tonight was one of those times. For this activity I decided to take the girls to the Temple and take some pictures and then watch some videos in the visitor center. Since I have been their leader for 2 years now, I have grown very fond of each of them and I am so grateful to have had this time with them. And although I am excited to be moving and buying a house- I am really going to miss these girls and this calling.
Here is a picture from one of our earlier activities- this is when I had the most girls (about 6-8 girls would come to each activity). They are all so cute and have such fun personalities.

These are the pictures from tonight- I have just 3 girls in my group now. Pictured from left to right- Savanna, Eturnity and Kiersten. (I've thought for a long time that Eturnity looks a little like my sister Emma)


My little guy came along with us since his daddy wasn't home from work yet. The Temple grounds were so beautiful- I think I want to take him back sometime and dress him up and take more pictures! =)

These girls have such strong testimonies and faith in their Savior and I am so proud of them and all that they have accomplished. They will make some great women someday!

2 comments:

Taralee or Trace said...

Oh that is so cool that you get to be their teacher. You are such a good role model for them. So fun and so nice and soooo hot, want to touch the hiney! ha ha. I bet they love you and i am sure they are going to miss you so much. 2 years is a long time!
I'm so nervous about our new calling. We are incharge of teaching the 15-18 year olds. YIKES! Hopefully they will understand our since of humor!

Ashley said...

Yeah for Activity Days!! That is my calling too, and I LOVE it! It is such a fun age and the girls are always so excited to come. woohoo for Activity Days!!