Monday, October 22, 2007

Heber Trip

It was a busy last few days for me. The funeral for Azure Bigler Starkes was in Heber on Thursday and I rode up north with Sharla, my sister Jesse, and of course- Sharla's little Keely and my Madden. The funeral service was so beautiful- all the talks were so good, I really don't think it could have been any better.
Sharla, Jesse and I had to get back for our volleyball game that night, so we left around 5:00. Since David and I were going to be back in Heber on Friday, my parents asked to keep Madden- so he got to stay at Grandpa and Grandmas that night. =) We had our volleyball game at 8:30 that night and ended up winning all 3. We took 2nd place in the league overall! We get to play in the tournament this Thursday. It's been so much fun playing with all these girls!
On Friday, David and I drove up to Heber for the weekend. My Aunt Tiff had invited us to go out with her and my Uncle Brandon that night so once again, my mom watched my little guy while we went to eat in Show Low and then went to Wal-Mart. It was so much fun hanging out with them!
On Saturday I went with my mom to watch my little sister Kimi play volleyball. They won all of their games and Kim did so well. It is fun watching her- she is so cute and so good! Later that night we watched Transformers... I thought it was pretty good.
Yesterday (sunday), we went to church in Heber and got to watch the Primary program, it was great. We left after church and got home later that afternoon. Of course I have a lot of laundry and cleaning to do now. It was a great weekend though!
Here are some pics from this weekend:
This is David saying hi to my Aunt Tiff's dog 'Bruno'

Me and Madden just chillin at grandpa and grandma's

Aunt Emma taking care of Madden at the volleyball games

Aunt Maryssa taking her turn holding little man

My dad put this little mask on Madden. He hated it but it was so funny!

Madden finally got to meet his 'uncle' Hunter (not a real uncle, but Hunter is like a brother to me)

Madden is SO close to crawling- he gets up like this and then rocks back and forth. It will be any day now before he starts moving around everywhere. Oh great.

Last, my parents have a bunch of chickens running around in their backyard since they don't have a chicken coop ready yet. Our little Belle thought these chickens were pretty cool and was constantly trying to get this white one to play around with her. It was hilarious watching her play around with this chicken. Check it out:
Belle and Chicken

Add to My Profile | More Videos

14 comments:

Taralee or Trace said...

oHHHHHH...How fun! I love a good weekend in Heber! Sure looks like you had a great time. I heard the funeral went really good...well, as good as I guess it could be.
You look beautiful by the way and Hunter is hilarious.
I can't believe Madden is almost crawling. CRAZY!!!
PS. It snowed in Pootah...SNOWBOARDING TIME!!

Taralee or Trace said...

oh H-E-double hocky sticks YES!! You can stay with us...what a silly question! Snowboarding here we come! Oh, and I would LOVE to watch Madden while you and David go boarding!! Fun, Fun! Him and Brody can reunite. :)

Jaime Stephens said...

Ok I have a few comments about this post... 1st off I heard the funeral was very good to it is nice to get updates from you due to my inlaws not updating us :-) Thanks... 2nd of all nice work on the volleyball, I went to open gym that our church has the other day (I was forced too) and I was really glad I went it was lots of fun I did discover how uncordinated I am.. Third, Madden is so dang cute and I love the look on his face while sitting on Hunters lap haha.. I am excited for Madden to crawl it is fun even though they get into everything it is so fun to watch them explore. Ok that is all sorry about the long long comment..

Jaime Stephens said...

I almost forgot that dog is HUGE

Jaime Stephens said...

I almost forgot that dog is HUGE

The Austin Family said...

You might not want to use Belle as a security dog. Has a dog ever got it's clock cleaned by a chicken?? That's hilarious!! Wished we could've seen you this weekend. Can't wait to see Halloween pictures of your two bees. Love ya!!

dani said...

Hey amanda,
Your blog is so cute and so is your little Madden! It was good to hear from ya, you and your sisters are so fun. Hope everything is goin good! By the way, that video is hilarious!

The Overstreets said...

I can't believe Madden is almost crawling! That is so cute! I am glad you guys had a fun weekend! I am so excited for this Thursday! If we play how we did last week we should be fine. It will be fun no matter what!

Taralee or Trace said...

Yo, homie. We will be in heber for Thanksgiving from the 21-25. I better see you...or else!

Nic and Jessica Despain Family said...

Hey I am so glad you were able to come. I am so thankful for your incredible friendship!! I love you girl and I want to get together more! thanks for everything

Steven and Becky Trujillo said...

I wondered how the funeral went. Thanks for the input. It is so sad to see her go. I am going to miss her smile and laugh. She always had such a good strong countenance. Way to go on the volleyball! Who said sports have to end after high school! Oh! and I laughed when I got your comment about us working as temple workers. I thought the same thing! I thought there was a minimum age requirement of like 80 or something! JK, but me and Steven are super stoked about it.
-Becky T

Kathi & Ronnie Bishop said...

I love the pictures. Your puppy is too funny. You look amazing!

The Broomall Family said...

Hi Amanda! I don't think you know me, I'm Matt Broomall's wife Ashley. I just had to tell you that your little boy is SO cute! I work at the insurance office when your mom is gone on wednesdays so I get to see his picture all day! He is such a handsome guy! It looks like you guys are a happy little family! Anyways thanks for letting me barge in on your blog! Talk to you later

Taralee or Trace said...

trace said...
that dog of tiffs is awesome!!!!
hunter "what happened to you? when i left you was like plickityplat plickityplat. now its like kaboom."