Sunday, October 14, 2007

In Loving Memory...

Yesterday I received the tragic news that my good high school friend Azure Bigler Starkes (who is the sister to one of my best friends), passed away in a car accident. She was travelling with her 5 month old son when she had the accident. Fortunately her son is ok but she didn't make it. I had a really hard time yesterday as I thought about her husband and family and struggled to understand why Heavenly Father would let this happen. So much of this doesn't make sense but what I do know is that she was an amazing woman and a good person and I know she is with our Father in Heaven and is watching over her family. What a blessing it is to know that families are forever and that this life is not the end.
It is hard for me to do this, but I would like to share some of my memories of Azure.
- I rarely saw her without a smile.
- She was so easy to get along with and was always mindful of others.
- During softball season, we would always make her pick out the oranges because she always seemed to pick out the best ones.
- As our volleyball team setter, she would tried to help me learn how to set since my sets were horrible.
- I loved listening to her sing in our 'Youth for America' group. She had a beautiful voice.
- She would always stand up for what she believed in and never hesitated to stand up for her family and friends.
- She came to visit Madden and I last time we were in Heber and I enjoyed talking to her about our new experiences as mothers.

I'm so grateful for the opportunity I had to get to know her. My thoughts and prayers are with her family, and especially with my best friend Jessica.
This is the only picture I had with her in it that was already on my computer- playing volleyball and softball with her is where I got to know her best. (She is in the very middle, on the top row- next to me)

5 comments:

The Overstreets said...

I am so sorry Amanda. That is horrible and it is always hard to understand why things like that happen. Death is a scary thing to think about here, but knowing where she is and where we will go is so comforting. I am so glad to know what we know, can you imagine if we didn't have the gospel. These types of things would be too hard to get through without it. I hope you and her family and loved ones can find peace through all of this.

Jaime Stephens said...

This is soo sad our thoughts and Prayers are sure with her family!! She sounds like suck an awesome girl!! I can't imagine what everyone is going through your post brought me tears.. I too am glad the Lord will take things from here..

Taralee or Trace said...

This is such a horrible thing. It makes me cry. Just thinking about how her little boy and husband will make it without her. Boys need their mommies. Ahhhh, here come the tears again.
Why do bad things happen to such good people? I know the Lord will take care of everything. It's just so hard to understand why...
Are you going to the funeral?

Taralee or Trace said...

I can't get work off to come to the funeral, but Trace might try to come. He is asking his boss tonight. I think they need as much family support as possible. This is just so tragic. I can't imagine having to go through it.
Oh, and just to let you know, we are going to be down there during Thanksgiving. Are you going to be up in Heber?

Kathi & Ronnie Bishop said...

WOW...this is so sad. I feel so bad for Brian...if you see him please pass our regards off to him.