Monday, November 19, 2007

Girls vs Boys

I have come to think that little girls are better behaved and easier to take care of than little boys. What does everyone else think? My only experience thus far is with my little Madden, my boy who seems to constantly want to eat, never take naps when he is suppose to, and wake up during all hours of the night. =) It seems though that when I talk to my friends who have had little girls- they are just ANGELS! =)
I babysatt my friend Jessica's little girl Taya (she is so cute) last week and had so much fun watching her. She was so good! She didn't fuss when her mom left and was content most of the time watching baby einstein or a strawberry shortcake movie she brought. And for those of you who have ever been around Sharla's little girl Keely- that girl is always smiling and such a good baby! Maybe it's a girl thing or maybe it's the parents- either way, I'm thinking I want my next kid to be a girl. =)
Here are some pictures of Madden and Taya!
She's so cute...

Belle had fun playing with both of them.

Madden wasn't use to sharing his favorite toy... the phone. =)

In other news... Madden's hair is getting really long on top so it is starting to look a little funny when I do spikes or a mohawk- so our new thing lately is a comb over. I can't bring myself to cut it just yet. He is so cute though with his hair combed over to the side a slicked back. It's funny. Oh and some new things he does... pulls himself up on the couch and pretty much anything else he can AND he has started to try to climb up the stairs. =( He made it up three stairs yesterday. Rats. I was hoping he wouldn't discover them before we moved!

6 comments:

Taralee or Trace said...

Oh my goodness. Those two are so cute. I love LOVE love his comb over. ha ha ha. He looks like a little old man! Taya is beautiful! She is getting so big. I can't believe she can walk and stuff. That is nuts.
And I agree. I want a little girl too! I love my little Brody and he is a good boy! But girls just look like so much fun!!

The Overstreets said...

Yeah I think the same you do, that girls might be a little more content. I know Jason's mom had 5 boys and then one girl and she always says little boys are harder than little girls, but teenage girls are so much harder than teenage boys, so it will even out later! haha. She would rather boys though so she says, you put your work in for sure when they are small, but she loves them when they are older. And his comb over is so cute, I can't believe how much hair he has! I can't wait for Jaxon to get some more, his is growing in VERY SLOWLY! haha. I actually like putting Jaxon's in a comb over too, they just look so old with it! haha.

Vonda said...

From my ALL girl experience I have to say everyone that has both boys and girls tell me that boys are so much easier than girls, but to your defense, I have to say that each baby was different. Tessa was tougher than all my kids put together. I think its luck of the draw, but also, there really is such a thing as a "stage" that they go through. Thats why big families work. When one is in a tough stage another is in a good stage and it all balances out. Thats how Heavenly Father gets all these great kids down here!

The Austin Family said...

My experience says that girls are WAY harder (younger years anyways). Tanner was a piece of cake. We'll see how the teenage years go.... Madden is SO cute. Can't wait to see you guys. Come up and I'll help you paint your stuff.

Jaime Stephens said...

I have to say that I am perefectly content with my precious Savannah as the only girl... Girls are soo emotional it's funny how different boys and girls are she is a naughty napper too so hmmm yeah I don't know

Kathi & Ronnie Bishop said...

I don't picture Madden as the fussy type...he always seems so happy! We know we got really lucky with Danika, she's a great baby! Very rarely does she fuss, and when she does, WATCH OUT! LOL...We are doomed when we have the next one. We know that one will be a cryer and up at all hours of the night!