Saturday, November 24, 2007

Giving Thanks

I've wanted to do a little post in light of the Thanksgiving holiday and I'm just now getting a chance. Madden and I went up north with cousin Riley on Wednesday for a little trip and although I always LOVE spending time with my family- it was a pretty rough trip. Madden got sick Wednesday night and threw up about 6 times that night. He was still sick the next day (thanksgiving), but was doing a little better. On Friday I thought he was getting better until he threw up all over Riley's new car just ONE MINUTE away from our house. Sorry Riley!!! He is still sick today even though he isn't throwing up anymore- we've already had to change clothes 3 times today since he has had 'accidents' that have gone right out of his diaper and all over him. I hate feeling so helpless and seeing my little boy so sick. But anyway- since it was Thanksgiving I wanted to do a little 'tag' post that I saw done of 10 things that I am grateful for.
(in no particular order)
1- My Husband. David is one of my greatest blessings. I am so grateful for all that he does for me. He is always working so hard- especially so that I can stay home with Madden. I love you honey!

2- Madden. Well of course I am so grateful for my little guy! I could never have even imagined how much joy a child would bring into my life. He is so much fun and such a sweet spirit. Ya it's a lot of work, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

3- My family. I have such amazing parents who are such great examples. My dad is so funny, I just LOVE being around him. And my mom is just INCREDIBLE- I don't know how she does it. And I love my brothers and sisters so much. And with family, I have to also say that I am grateful for the in-laws as well. I love David's family as well- it's great to have two more sisters and great parents.
4- Our soon to be new home. We are moving into our new home this next week and I am so excited! I'll be sure to post some pictures once I get it all decorated.

5- Friends. I really have some great friends. I'm grateful for the friends I've had in the past that I've made some great memories with, and I'm grateful for the friends I have now. I'm so excited to be living next to Jessica. And I'm really bummed I didn't get to see Taralee when I was in Heber. =( I better get to see you on Christmas Taralee! (Look at what cute friends I have!)

6- Health. Having Madden sick these last few days have made me realize just how great a blessing it is to have good health. I'm grateful that we made it this far without him being sick and I'm grateful it isn't anything too serious.
7- Food. You can't really post a Thanksgiving grateful list without mentioning food. Oh how I love food. =) I had my Thanksgiving dinner at my Grandma and Grandad's and I really don't think it could get any better than that. Thank you Grandma and Grandad. I know you always put a lot of work into dinners like that and I really appreciate it!
8- Technology. Even though there is a lot of technology that makes us pretty lazy sometimes, I have to say that I am so grateful for it. I don't know what I would do without a dishwasher, washer/dryer, vacuum, etc. And of course the computer and blogs! =)
9- Belle. I can't forget my little doggy. She is a lot of fun most of the time (except when she ruins my blow dryer)

10- Of course I am grateful for my Heavenly Father- the one who has given me all these great blessings to enjoy. I'm grateful for the relationship I have with him and for the knowledge I have of his plan. I only hope I can strive to live worthy of these great blessings the best I can.

Ok so if you have the chance- you're tagged and need to do this too!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor litle guy sick on a holaday.=(
I hope you like your new house, and those are relly good things to be grateful fo. I'll miss you. =(
But I'am happy you like your new soon to be home. = )

AMY said...

We missed everyone at thanksgiving, so glad to hear you guys are ready to move to your new home. Hopefully we will get to see you more often now that you will be out closer to us.

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

There are so many things to be grateful for, for sure. I feel the same way. Im sorry that Madden was sick. Sick babies are so sad! When did you take that picture of you, Jessica, Taralee etc. by the Christmas tree? Was that last year Is that Caroline and Megan H. too? Anyway, I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving.

Reed and Kamarie said...

Hello Amanda and David. This is a really random post because you probably dont even know who I am. :) I was talking to Gina Lee, my sister-in-law, and she told me that you were building a house in Queen Creek in our community. At least I think that is you guys? I saw a picture of your house and it looks like the Monterey that is in our community so I got really excited to see that we will have a fun family in our community. We are closing on ours this week as well. We signed the paperwork today so hopefully we will get our keys tomorrow. Maybe you guys live close? It will be fun to see!! Congrats on your home, its so fun.

Reed and Kamarie said...

WOW that was a quick response. LOL. Okay so the walkthrough and signing went great. I was kind of worried but they were so good to fix anything we thought needed to be fixed. Our walkthrough took about an hour and half and the paper signing was only an hour. It was pretty painless. I was doing Elementary Ed and now that I think about it I remember emailing back and forth. What a small world! I switched to Business Marketing just so I could get done a lot quicker but I did take some Elem ed classes. Let me know how the signing goes!

Anonymous said...

Amanda, thanks so much for being willing to bring Kayla back down so she could perform. So sorry the baby was sick, but glad you got to spend some time with your family! - Vonda

Kameron & Gina Lee said...

Hey! So I see you have met my sister in law! haha. Are you closing this week as well? We are going to be out in QC a couple times probably friday and saturday. So I want to stop by and see you!! I will be going out friday for sure and I could go earlier in the day (my hubby is meeting me out there) and stop by and visit you for a little while. Let me know if you are going to be home and if its even a good time for you! Have a great week!

Kameron & Gina Lee said...

Hi! Okay so I left you a message because I didnt think I would remember to send you a message! I guess I should have given myself more credit! =) Anyways, let me know if you are available tomorrow some time for me to drop by and say hello and meet you! Talk to you later.

Taralee or Trace said...

Oh, I love your post! So cute! I'm sorry Madden got sick. That is no fun. Brody threw up all day yesterday. Poor little fellow. He seems to be doing better today. Hope Madden gets better soon.
I love the picture of all us old roomies by the tree! So cute! I almost forgot about that picture. ha ha. That was a fun, fun christmas!

Anonymous said...

Amanda this is such a cute blog. What a cute little family! Love the pics! Madden falling asleep in the HC was too cute.:) I was so excited when you had the song Stephen speaks out on your tunes cause that is my new fav song right now too! I loved seeing you at your new house with Jess. Its way nice. Hope to see you again soon. Love ya

-Andalynn-

Taralee said...

NEW POST....NEW POST...NEW POST!!!
I know you are busy with you new house and Christmas and Madden and stuff.
I just miss my amanda.