Tuesday, November 20, 2007

POLAR EXPRESS!!!

Me, David, Madden & Jesse and Alvin left the valley together yesterday at 3:00pm to make the 2 1/2 hour drive to Williams to go to the Polar Express for the first time. It is a big event that ALL of the Tenney family goes to (they've been going the last couple of years)- my grandparents, and all of my aunts and uncles on my dad's side. So for those of you who know how many that is... there were A LOT of us. Which made it so much fun! We made it there around 5:30pm and then waited for everyone else to get there and got on the train around 6:00. Once on the train and after we got moving, an 'elf' served us hot cocoa and cookies. We made it to the 'north pole' (which was a bunch of christmas lights/decorations and Santa Claus) while singing Christmas songs. My Uncle Dave and Uncle Travis were definitely the life of the party as they belted out the songs. It was hilarious. When we started heading back to the depot, Santa Claus came on the train and handed all the kids little bells. It was so great to see all the kids so happy- they LOVED it. I just love the holidays and the spirit that is in the air!
Here are some pictures from our little trip:
I LOVE this picture of David and Madden. Such handsome boys!

This was outside the train depot before we got on the Polar Express. =)

All of Madden's aunts and uncles wanted a turn holding him. Here he is with Aunt Kimi and Uncle Chace

This is Uncle Dave... I think people who weren't with our family may have wondered what else was in with his hot cocoa as he sang "walking in our winter underwear" (instead of walking in a winter wonderland)

We love Aunt Tiffy! She is so beautiful and so AWESOME!

I had to make David act like he liked me in this picture. =)

Aunt Kimi was feeding Madden some of her chocolate chip cookie- he really liked it!

My beautiful mother and stud muffin Trey.

We love papa T!

Here is Santa Claus!!! Yay!!!

This definitely got me in the Christmas spirit. Man I just love this time of year!!!

5 comments:

Taralee or Trace said...

OHHHHH FUN! I've never been on the polar expres...but it sure looks like fun. Anything with the whole Tenney clan is bound to be fun! I love the picture of you and Dave...you guys are the cutest couple ever. I wish we lived closer to you.
Dave and Madden are HANDSOME little boys for sure!
I want to come next year. Pencil us in!!

The Overstreets said...

That is the coolest idea and I had never heard of it! That sounds so fun and is definately a great way to get in the Christmas spirit! How fun, I am glad you guys got to go!

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

Jareds family has gone the past few years and we have never been able to make it. Gosh, more reason for us to get back to the west!! I'm glad you guys had a good time! I know with your uncles it would be a riot.

ron&melz said...

Hey we appreciate so much you guys making the effort to be with us. It's a LONGGG drive for a short time together, but we feel like it's worth it!! Can't wait until Madden's really able to enjoy Santa! We love you guys - Mom/Dad T.

Ren & Anna said...

That looks like so much fun!! I love the holidays too!