Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The Holiday 411

We have been really busy these last couple of weeks with celebrating Christmas and all. We spent a lot of time travelling- but overall we had a wonderful and very blessed Christmas holiday.
Here is a breakdown of what we did.
Friday December 21st: David took the day off work and we spent the morning and afternoon packing and cleaning. That evening we went to David's dad's place to have a little pre-Christmas dinner and gift exchange with his parents and sisters. The dinner was great (as usual) and we all got some great gifts. Madden especially loved his new wagon from Grandpa and Grandma Hall. We had a great time and this was just the start of our Christmas celebration!
Yep, we love each other. =)

So Spoiled!

Me and my little man- SO HAPPY!

Father and Son- First Christmas together.

Madden with Grandpa and Grandma Hall.

Madden's wagon. He loves this toy!

Group Picture: (left to right) Top: Olivia (foreign exchange student from China), Grandma Mitchell, Mom Hall, Dad Hall, David, Luke (Jessica's boyfriend), Bottom: Heather, Grandpa Dave, Jessica, and Me.

Saturday December 22nd: We left around 9:00 am to make the trek up north to Heber. On our drive up there David got the call that his Grandma Hall had passed away. It was pretty expected but we were still very sad to get the news. When we got to Heber we took just enough time to unload our stuff at my parents before we headed on in to Taylor to my Grandad and Grandma's for an adult dinner that night. Everything was decorated so beautifully (for those of you who don't know, my grandma is so talented and creative and is an amazing entertainer). My sister Kim took Madden back to Heber to put him to bed and everything and me and David were able to enjoy an evening with the adults on the Hancock side. The dinner was great of course, and we did a gift card exchange (we got gift cards to Chilis and to the movies!). We also played a couple of games which turned out to be very funny. We had such a great time with everyone!
Here is my Uncle Pat and Aunt Jolene- they are so cool!

Me and my beautiful cousin Jami. She just got engaged on December 20th!

This is my wonderful grandad after one of the games was over.

On Sunday we went to church with my parents, then I helped my sister make a really yummy dinner of chicken alfredo. After dinner we went to my Grandpa and Grandma Tenney's for the traditional nativity play where my grandpa reads the story of Christ's birth from the New Testament and the grandkids dress up and act everything out. I was SO glad that they waited to do this so that we could all be there.
Madden in his Christmas church outfit:

Monday December 24th: My little sisters and mom were kind enough to watch Madden so that David and I could go up to Sunrise and go snowboarding. So David and I and my sister Kim spent a beautiful day on the slopes. It was SO SO much fun! I didn't get to go at all last year since I was pregnant so I was so excited to be back on my board. And it didn't even take me too long to get back into the swing of things. After boarding, we drove straight to Taylor to meet up with the rest of my family. The night was spent having another delicious dinner and then doing a cousin gift exchange as well as receving gifts from Grandad and Grandma. It was great!
On Christmas day we woke up at my parents. Madden was the first one up so I took him to wake up all his aunts and uncles. =) It was so great to wake up with my family on Christmas morning. Madden got a really cool electric tiny fourwheeler and an outift, I got a pretty picture of the Temple and David got some gift cards. My brothers and sisters got a Wii so the morning was spent playing that. In the afternoon we left to go back to my grandpa and grandma Tenney's and had dinner there and then got a couple more gifts. After that we left to go back to my parents to pack all our stuff and then headed back down to the valley.
Mom and Madden at Grandpa and Grandma Tenney's:

Wednesday December 26th: David's mom and grammy came over to have another Christmas gift exchange. They brought SO much stuff for Madden- he got so many cool toys! And David got a really nice watch, and I got a really cute shirt! We had another nice Christmas dinner and then spent the night packing once again.
Our Christmas tree with all of the presents meme and grammy brought:

Grammy, David, and David's mom (meme):

Madden and his rocking lion:

Madden loves his tickle me elmo toy:

Madden's cool tonka toys:

Thursday December 27th: We finished packing for our trip up to Idaho for Grandma Hall's funeral. We thought a long time about whether to bring Madden or not, but in the end decided it would be best for him to go back up north to stay with my parents. Grandma Mitchell was kind enough to take him to Payson to meet up with my mom. While that was happening, David and I were catching a flight to Salt Lake City. Once we got there, his dad picked us up from the airport and we drove to Idaho.
Friday was spent hanging out with family and sharing stories of Grandma. That night they had a special viewing and then a little family meeting. On Saturday morning they held the funeral at the little church in Inkom. The service was beautiful. I was so glad that I got to learn more about this grandmother that I was only able to know personally for a couple of years. She was a beautiful and extremely talents woman. She made beautiful quilts, painted amazing pictures, had a talent for photography and cooking, and was a friend to everyone who knew her. I am so glad for the time I was able to know her- even the the Alzheimers had changed her quite a bit. It is comforting to know she is in a better place and once again has a perfect mind. We Love You Grandma!


We got home from Idaho on Sunday the 30th. We picked up Madden from my sister Kim in payson and then came home to a very messy home.
THe last couple of days have been spent cleaning and David even had the chance to go get a couple of citrus trees to plant in the backyard.
I hope that everyone had a great Christmas and a great New Years also!

10 comments:

Kathi & Ronnie Bishop said...

I love Madden's church outfit...he looks like such a little stud! Sorry to hear about David's Grandma. It looks like for the most part you guys had a good Christmas! Can you believe Madden is almost a year old??!!?? Wow time flys! Happy New Year!

Kameron & Gina Lee said...

I cant believe how crazy busy you guys were. It looked like you had a lot of fun this year with all your family, and David's too! And I agree with the comment above..that church outfit, adorable!! I especially love the hat!!

The Overstreets said...

Man you guys have been so busy! Well it sounds like you had a lot of fun (except the funeral of course, but those are nice for closure.) I am glad Madden had such a good Christmas! Still can't wait to see your house!!!

Nelson Family said...

I am so sorry that things have been busy. Was that hard leaving Madden for a while, when you guys went to Idaho. It would be for me. It sounds like Madden is going to be so spoiled being the only grandchild on both sides. That will be so fun. Well love you guys hope you had a happy new year!
Sharla :)

Jaime Stephens said...

Wow so many pictures and so much fun... Glad you guys had happy holidays sorry to hear of the loss of your grandmother...

dani said...

How fun! Madden looks adorable in his christmas outfit. You guys had a very busy christmas! And can I just say how much I love your grandparents? I stayed with them for a week when I was a counsler for the EFY that was in snowflake and they are just the coolest. We had an amazing breakfast every morning and they didn't even say too much when we were out til 3 am! Haha. Anyways, love that picture of grandpa. :)

ron&melz said...

Thanks so much for a WONDERFUL Christmas!! You and David certainly had a busy one, especially having to travel for the funeral. We appreciate your efforts in being with us and making it the best Christmas ever!! Sure do love and appreciate you guys - MOM

P.S. Thanks for leaving Madden with us. It was the GREATEST!!

Reed and Kamarie said...

I am glad you guys had a fun Christmas. It looks like it was busy but fun! That would be so awesome if we were partners for visiting teaching. We just got put in the nursery which will be fun but I wont get to see very many people on Sunday. If they give me a list I will let you know.

Kiara and Scott Vowell said...

Hey, Thanks for the comment, I saw you at church, but missed you everytime. You look really cute though! We do need to get together, Dinner or something. You should come to enrichment on Thursday, 1. becuase we all need to get to know you 2. becuase our ward is awesome 3. because I have to plan it and we need new sisters!!!- How do you like Queen Creek so far?

Kiara and Scott Vowell said...

Hey Amanda, Ok so I know enrichment is going to be at 7:00 at a lady that lives in PC South,I will find out her address. But I am excited, I hope alot of people come, I have been in the ward almost 2 years and I still have people every week ask me if I am new, my husband and I are really shy and nervous meeting people, so I havent met alot of the ladies, but for this new year that is my goal, and I am so glad I was put in a relief society calling, it is helping alot. I am excited to get to know you better though! I will let you know better details.