Monday, January 7, 2008

A Little Heaven On Earth

It was nine months ago that I was blessed to have a little slice of heaven here on earth. =) I can't believe my baby is 9 months old! He is growing up so fast and getting so big. He had a doctors appointment today and our new pediatrician (who I think is so great by the way) said that he is looking fantastic. Here are the stats for my little man:
Weight: He weighed in at 20 pounds 12 ounces. I thought he was going to weigh more but I think that he lost a little weight the couple of times he got sick and also since he is moving and crawling around everywhere he is slimming down that way too. He was in the 50 percentile for his weight.
Height: He is 30" long! I guess that is in the 90 percentile for his age. I'm sure his daddy is happy about that and hopes that he will continue to grow and be tall since he wants a basketball player someday. =)
Head Circumference: He was 18" for this one- I guess that is the 60 percentile.
Eating: He is pretty good at eating his fruits and veggies in baby food each day. As far as meats go- he will only eat the turkey rice baby food dinner. I think we may have spoiled him with eating 'big people' food cause he is always wanting to eat some of mine and david's food.
Sleeping: He sleeps through the night all the time now. I love it! When he was first sleeping through the night it was for about 10 hours (which made me not want to put him to bed till 8 since I didn't want to wake up earlier than 6). But now he is sleeping 11-12 hours. Woohoo!
Likes/Dislikes:
*Madden really likes to take trips to the park.

*He dislikes when mom tries to take pictures of him when he just isn't in the mood (this was his first time wearing his cute new Christmas outfit, but I just couldn't get him to smile- it was nap time).


*He really likes to turn the TV off and on when we're watching it or when David is playing X box.
*He really dislikes not being able to crawl around naked.
*He LOVES to play with his daddy.
*He really likes going with mom or dad to go get the mail in his wagon.

*He really likes playing with his new toys.
*He really dislikes getting dressed.
*Madden loves getting to spend time with his grandparents and aunt's and uncle's.

Well that is pretty much the low down on my little man for now. I am expecting him to start being interested in walking in the next couple of months. And I'm still waiting for him to start saying 'mama' or 'dada'. We love you all!

13 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh My Gosh He is getting sooo big I just had to laugh when I was reading His "Stats" haha Cause He is nine months and he weighs almost 21 poundds right well Our little cory is 16 months and he weighs 20Lbs 3oz I think haha poor little runt I think that he would get bullied if it wasnt for his temper!! Well he looks adorable!!

Steve & Danni said...

hey amanda! i'm glad dave forwarded steve website address! and madden is so BIG! haven't seen you guys in forever-let's get together soon!

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

Awww he is too cute. He hs grown fast! Looks like a pretty good lookin' family! Hopefully he does grow up to be good in sports like his mom!

Vonda said...

Madden is a little boy dolly and it looks like you two younguns are having fun playing house! You dont happen to have Gilber peds as your pediatrician? They are seriously the best, so wondering if we have the same ones. Great post!

Jaime Stephens said...

I love the sad pictures too cute. I can't believe how tall he is wow!

Kathi & Ronnie Bishop said...

What a little stud! Danika hates to eat her meats too. She's getting better! I have a friend who has a 6 month old who weighs close to 22lbs! I about freaked cause Danika is pushing 16! LOL They do make time fly!

Kiara and Scott Vowell said...

Enrichment is Thurs. 7:00 @ Sis. McNiel casa. 37811 N. Jonathan. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU MUST GO!!!!!!! Bring Jessica and that girl that married the guy from Showlow??

Reed and Kamarie said...

Hey what time is enrichment? You may or may not get this before tonight. I guess because I was in nursery Sunday I didnt even know about it. Oh wait I just see a comment that explains when and where. Thanks! Hopefully I will see you there tonight if I can make it.

Reed and Kamarie said...

P.S - Madden looks so cute in his new Christmas outfit!

Nic and Jessica Despain Family said...

Yes we do need to do more couple stuff. It is just hard for us with our schedules and all that right now. Hopefully one day we can all just hang out and do nothing else. hahaha!!

Devin and Danielle Hancock said...

Madden is so adorable! I can't believe how big he is getting. I love the one of him sitting in the swing. SO cute. Love and miss you guys.

Kiara and Scott Vowell said...

It was good talking to you tonight and getting to know you a little better! we have a great ward!! We should totally get together sometime!!!

Reed and Kamarie said...

I just checked my email and say that you are my visiting teaching partner. YEAH!! It looks like we have one sister to go see. Let me know what times work best for you. I normally get off work at 4:00 if I dont work overtime. Hopefully we can get together soon!