Monday, January 14, 2008

Our start to a new year

Well I still think it is crazy that we are already into a new year. This year I will turn 23 and I will have been graduated for 5 years- I feel like I am getting old! And my baby will be turning 1 in just 3 months. Crazy!
Anyway... we haven't been up to too much so far. We celebrated David's 22nd birthday on Friday (we are the same age for just a few weeks). Our friend Monique came over and watched Madden for us while we went out to lunch. It was nice to spend a few hours alone with the birthday boy.
I really feel so blessed to have David in my life. I am constantly amazed at how hard he works for me and Madden- he is such a great husband, father, provider, friend, and everything else I could ever want. He is always making me laugh and I have so much fun being with him. We have so much in common and enjoy so many of the same things- it's great being married to your best friend. I love you so much honey!



Dang my hubby is a HOTTIE! =)

On Saturday we spent a lot of time in the backyard. David's dad came over and helped us start on a paver outline for where we want to put grass. I was even able to help out for a few hours while Madden slept. It was nice to do some work outside. I'll have to show some pics one we get it all done and looking nice. Oh and we extended our back patio a few feet and had Madden put his handprint in the cement.

We did a little dinner yesterday too and had some of his family and our friends Nic and Jessica over. It was delicious! Dad Hall even tried out guitar hero after much convincing- he was pretty darn good! =)

Other than this stuff, I have just been staying busy chasing around my little guy and having a blast being at home with him. Oh and I am also really excited to be in our new ward. I went to enrichment last week and had so much fun meeting some of the other women in the ward. And there is a gardening class that I am planning on going to this week since I am wanting to start a garden on the side of our house soon. Oh and I'm starting in another volleyball league this week and am SO excited to start playing again!
Oh and about a week and a half ago, two of my good high school friends came out to Queen Creek to visit with me and Jessica. Here is a picture of me and the three jessica's (yep... they are all named Jessica). =)

And I also have to give a shout out to my high school friend (who I also consider a brother from another mother) Dustin! He got married on Saturday in Las Vegas. I was so bummed that I couldn't make it and I hope that everything went great! Congratulations Dustin and Lyndsey! This is the only pic I have on my computer with Dustin in it- he is second from the top right- standing next to me.

Here are some random pics from this last week:

I love this picture. And ya... he is quite the ladies man. =)


16 comments:

Kiara and Scott Vowell said...

That is awesome you are on a volleyball league, I am totally jelous, is it sand or court?

Kiara and Scott Vowell said...

I played in Jr. High and my freshman year, then I went to soccer. I would love to play if you ever need someone. I dont suck, but I am not the best. Scott and I almost joined a coed team that plays in east mesa, but it fell on the nights he had school.

Steven & Daniela said...

hey! we're excited, too! thanks! the new pics of madden are TOO cute! and i know, it would've been neat to live out by you guys but crazy things happen... we will for sure want to get together before we leave! talk to you soon!

Kiara and Scott Vowell said...

ok, Amanda, I am freaking out. Posistion??? ahhh I dont know? I dont think you would want me to play with you guys, since my freshman year almost 8-9 years ago I have only played for fun. Your team would beat me up.

Cayla said...

Amanda!!! It has been way too long since we have talked!!! Your little boy is such a cutie pie. Boys are so much fun. I will have to get your number from Danielle so that we can finally catch up. I am so happy for you and your little family. Love you girl!!

Reed and Kamarie said...

I cant visiting teaching today but we can go any other time. Ill go ahead and prepare the thought for this time since you are calling her. I dont know her either. Should be fun though!

Taralee or Trace said...

trace said...

amanda i cant believe dust really got married... to a girl! jk ya it would have been super fun if you and dave could have gone. it was quite the fun trip. but i cant go into details bc what happens in vegas stays in vegas. well we hope to see you up here soon before all the snow melts away like the glaciers of the artic. STOP GLOBAL WARMING!! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! but ya get up here and lets hit the slopes and i promise i wont wreck my motor bike the day before. ok? deal!! k bye

Taralee or Trace said...

Oh baby David is too too CUTE! I love the pics of him. What a little hunki-poo! ha ha. David!!! HAPPY FREAKING BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
Madden is going to be walking before too long...that is NUTS!
Oh and I am SO jealous of your backyard, porch, and grass. I am gettin SO house-hungry! (And not the gingerbread kind!)
Ok, well I love the Hall family! Come visit SOOOOOOOOON!!

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

I like the bum on your sun! hahaha That makes me laugh every time. I wish I could play volleyball here :( They did start church basketball so i am going to play in that. We will see if I can run up and down the court like I used to.It is difficult these days!!haha

Kathi & Ronnie Bishop said...

I love the pic from high school...just one question...what on EARTH is Marina doing? LOL...she is one crazy chick! The last picture looks like Madden is peein' on the tub! Or doin' butt exercises! LOL...what a stud! And the socks really pull it all together! LOL :)

Jaime said...

That shirt of Maddens is awesome! He is such a cutie! I llike the senior picture Banning has that one I love that he looks 10 years old..

Anonymous said...

yo Amanda! I left a message on your cell phone! I am trying to find out where it is tonight! I will call you and let you know, or you can call me- 480-254-7969- see ya!

Wes and Megan said...

Amanda! I love your new page and all the new pics! Madden is seriously the cutest little thing ever. And your house! It is amazing and the decorating looks awesome!! That must be so nice to have a brand new house!! :) And I love love love the picture of the Jessica's and you- you all look GORGEOUS! Love ya!

Nicole said...

hey Your hair is short its super cute. And Madden is flippen cute too!!! So yeah anyway just had to say that

Vonda said...

I dont know if I didnt look back far enough, but I need to see some pictures of that new house! Im so happy your a QC gal. Its probably as close as us small town gals can get to home. Great pictures - love the ones of you hubby when he was little.

Kiara and Scott Vowell said...

YAY, I am so excited you are in enrichment... It will be fun!!!