Wednesday, February 6, 2008

23 Years FULL of blessings

So yesterday was my 23rd birthday. As I said my prayers last night I felt overwhelmed with gratitude as I thought about the countless blessings I have received for my 23 years. First of all I am thankful for this life that I have to live. I think that simply living is one blessing that is so often taken for granted. Life is so fragile and precious. I still think often of my dear friend Azure passing away this past October. She was just a year or so older than me and a new mom as well. Her passing has brought to me a reality of how soon and unexpected life can be taken. But anyway... I have been blessed so much throughout my life! I have the most amazing family. My parents and siblings- it really doesn't get any better than what I got! And my extended family as well- they are all awesome! I am also so grateful to have the gospel in my life- what a great blessing that is! And I have made some great friends throughout the years too. All of you who are taking the time to read my blog (which is probably a pretty boring read for the most part). I love my friends, both old and new- I'm so glad I have become such good friends with my mom and sisters- and my aunts, and cousins too (Jami, Danielle, Riley)! And Taralee... I miss you girl and love you (I wish there was some way I could put your birthday message on here for everyone to listen to- that was awesome!). My dear friend and neighbor Jessica, my new friend Gina and Tera. And I really feel blessed at this time to be living out here in Queen Creek. I love our home and the area, I know David has a crappy drive to work but I really am glad that we came out here. And of course, two of my biggest blessing are my husband and son. Words couldn't even begin to express how grateful I am for them and how much I love them. Anyway... I could go on forever!
So to wrap this up, I just wanted to say that I had a great birthday and thanks to you all for being some great blessings in my life!
(For my birthday David and I went snowboarding in Flagstaff- big thanks to Ben and Tera for babysitting for us... and I'll post some pics once I develop my disposable camera).
On another note... I just HAD to share some more pics of my little Madden- who by the way is 10 months old today!!! How crazy is that!
He is always giving us the biggest smiles, even when he's got a bunch of stuff in his mouth!

He is still a little trouble maker. His new favorite thing is finding the box of q-tips and dumping them everywhere. This is honestly the 4th time I've had to pick them up. You'd think I would learn and put them somewhere he couldn't reach them instead of just trying to hide them down low. =)

I Love this picture. It just shows a little bit of his personality. He is so much fun!

11 comments:

Kameron & Gina Lee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kameron & Gina Lee said...

Oh I am so glad you had a great birthday! I am so glad we met too. Its been so fun. I didnt think I would ever meet anyone on the internet, but somehow we have made it work. LOL. I wanted to tell you that I am planning on being in Queen Creek on the 21st, I have to take my brother in law back to Kamarie's house. So maybe if you dont have anything planned we can get together and make some crafts like we had talked about. Anyways, cant wait til tomorrow...Volley Vixens are gonna kick some butt!! haha And again Happy Happy Birthday! (and I have a confession...Jesse blogged on the fourth so I thought that was your birthday. I thought my call yesterday was totally belated!)

Kiara and Scott Vowell said...

Happy Birthday Girl!

Kathi & Ronnie Bishop said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sounds like you had fun!

The Overstreets said...

Happy birthday! I hope you had the best day! What a good gift to get to go snowboarding! I love the pictures of Madden, I was laughing so hard at how cute his top tooth is in those pictures! What a cute boy, and so cute that he finds the q tips!

Jaime Stephens said...

Happy BIrthday glad you had a fun one!

Jamilyn said...

Im so happy it went well. I cant believe you are 23 years old we are getting too old.... I cant wait to see you again. Glad you liked the dresses I still dont know what one I'm getting but I dont think I'll be able to go wrong with any out of the 12 dresses. I LOVE YOU!!!

Devin and Danielle Hancock said...

Happy Birthday, sorry it's late. Sounds like you had a pretty good one though. I am glad that we have gotten closer as well. You do have an amazing family and I am so glad that I am able to be a part of it as well. We love you guys and hope to see you soon. Madden is so cute! Ha. I just had to add that. I can't believe he is already ten months... time flies!

Vonda said...

What a great way to celebrate your birthday - Im gonna find 44 blessings on my next birthday! You are very blessed and glad you are a fellow Queen Creekian!

The Fish Family said...

I hope that you got my email. I couldn't get into your comments for a while so anyway...Happy (belated) Birthday!!! I am glad that you had a good time and hopefully we can get together next time you are up this way. I would love to meet your little guy and see you again. It has been too long!!! I will talk to you later.

Ren & Anna said...

Happy b-day!!! I want to see the snowboarding pics!