Monday, February 25, 2008

A Wicked Fun Weekend

This last weekend was the girls weekend in California to see Wicked that I had been looking forward to ever since Christmas! The weekend went by so fast and was so much fun! Here is a breakdown of how the weekend went for me:
On Friday morning I left with David so that he could drop me off at my sister Jesse's on his way to work. I got to Jesse's around 6 am and then went back to bed till about 7:30. =) When we woke up, we got ready and waited for the rest of the ladies to get there so we could head out to Cali. There were two cars and 11 women! We got to Cali later that evening and checked into the hotel. After check in, we went to the Mall for a little while and then went out to dinner at TGI Friday's.
At Dinner: Aunt Courtney, Aunt Tiff & Michelle

Aunt Chantel, Aunt Cynthia & Grandma Tenney

Me, Sister's Kim & Jesse, & my mom!

(not pictured: my Aunt Jami. Sorry Aunt Jami the pic I had of you didn't turn out =(
On Saturday we went to the mall again to do some shopping and hang out for the day. I was able to buy some cute clothes with money I had saved. We also watched a moive- Vantage Point- which we all really liked! After the mall we went back to our hotel room to get dressed for the night. We left the hotel around 4:00 pm to meet up with some cousins who came down from Utah for the play.
Kim & Carly on the way to dinner

After a crazy drive around Hollywood and getting lost a couple of times we made it to dinner just in time to eat real quick then head out for the play.
This is my Aunt Jami after dinner in front of the nudie pictures (warning: pictures in the background may not be appropriate for some =). She is so funny and SO much fun. I love this beautiful lady!

The play started at 8:00pm and I must say that I enjoyed every second of it! It was SO INCREDIBLE! The music and dancing was so amazing and the people had such beautiful voices. It was funny too- very entertaining! I am so glad that I had the chance to go see it.
Me and my sisters and mother before the play:

Me & Jesse after the play:

Group picture after the play. We all loved it!

Overall the trip was so great, It was so nice to get to spend time with my Aunt's that I don't get to see very often. And to also spend a weekend with my mom and sisters- it couldn't have been better!
We left Sunday morning to head on back to Az. The weekend went by so fast and was so much fun, but of course it was nice to get back to David and Madden. David said they had a lot of fun together while I was gone and he had the house so clean! I was actually kind of sad cause Madden was being a total Daddy's boy the whole night- I could tell that he had a great time with his Daddy.
Big thanks to David for watching Madden and for being a great dad and husband! And a big thanks to Grammy for watching Madden on Friday while David was at work. And also to my Grandma Tenney, Thanks so much for asking my hubby to help get me a ticket and for providing the hotel rooms!

16 comments:

ron&melz said...

Such a fun weekend!! So glad I got to spend "girl" time with you, Jess and Kim. I'm such a lucky Mom to have such wonderful daughters. Love ya - MOM T.

P.S. Tell Dave thanks for letting you come and babysitting so you could get away.

Jamilyn said...

Im so happy to see everything went well and you all had fun. We missed you guys in Taylor this weekend but we will have to do something soon. Love you

Nic and Jessica Despain Family said...

I am glad you had so much fun! I miss you love you!!

Kathi & Ronnie Bishop said...

You have such a beautiful family Amanda! Looks like a really fun weekend!

Reed and Kamarie said...

Hey Amanda. Its been a while since I have commented but I am glad to see you guys had a great time in Cali. I noticed that Chantel is in your family, she is from SJ. I worked at her dad's dental office in SJ during high school so that was cool to see she is in your family. Also, Reed has wanted to go see vantage point so bad. Now that we know its good we will probably go see it soon! One last thing, in case you didnt make it to church on Sunday because you were out of town, church is now at 2:00 at a different church on Ocatillo. yes 2:00!!! Wow its late but it should turn out okay. :)

Kiara and Scott Vowell said...

looks like you had a fun weekend!! I love mom and sister times!!

Devin and Danielle Hancock said...

Sounds like you had so much fun! Deagan is always attached to Dev when I get home from being gone for a few days... I guess I cant be too mad... I do get to spend a little more time with him than Dev does. Love you guys!

Kiara and Scott Vowell said...

Ya, Church is now at 2:00, total bummer, we use to have it at 2:40 and it was the pits, but oh well, I guess there is a bright side that we can sleep in... it is at the building on Ocotillo, east of Kenworthy, which Kenworthy is east of Ironwood. so like 2 miles give or take east of ironwood.

Dan, Jamie, & Bryson said...

I love that pink shirt. You look beautiful.

Jaime Stephens said...

wow how fun you guys are so lucky that looked like a blast! Way to go Madden on the first steps that is awesome!

Reed and Kamarie said...

Okay looks like Kiara let you know where church is. I think you just turn left on Ocatillo instead of right. The church is on the righthand side. We didnt get a new ward or anything, everything is the same except the time and building we meet in.

Kameron & Gina Lee said...

Looks like you had so much fun! Totally jealous...I want to goto Cali! Sorry about last week...I am still bummed I didnt make it out there. But I am excited for tomorrow...we are gonna kick some butt. And the Oneders, are below us now. We are tied with a team I havent heard of...so we will see after tomorrow. But I am not excited to drive all the way out to East Mesa...but o'well. See you tomorrow.

Taralee and Trace said...

Oh what fun! I'm totally jealous! Your family is awesome and so crazy...you are bound to have a great time with that crowd.
You are lucky that you got to go. I'm sure Madden loved the time with his Grandparents and Dave. And I'm sure Dave is happy to have you back! :)
Wicked looks like such a fun play. I know that Lon and Toni took Brindi, Livie, and I think Nolan and Jared to go watch it. They are really liked it. Maybe someday we can have a girls weekend. How fun would that be?
Ok, well have fun. Love ya.

Vonda said...

What is better than "girl" time? Kayla continually tells me "Wicked" changed her life. Dont think it did, but it is amazing. Thanks for posting the adorable pictures, good to see your mom, even if its just her picture.

The Porters said...

Looks like you had a great time, with that bunch of gals, its inevitable! I love all those beautiful Tenney women. I cant wait to see Wicked, I hear it will be worth the wait!

Brennon & Amber Adams said...

Amanda, I tag you! Tell me 7 things that I didn't know before about yourself!