Sunday, March 9, 2008

Family & Friends

I had such a great weekend and I was fortunate enough to spend it with family and friends. On Friday evening we met my parents at the nearby dog park to eat some KFC and spend some time together. That night my mom & dad, and my sisters Kim and Maryssa stayed the night at our place. All my other siblings went and stayed with Jesse & Alvin. We woke up early on Saturday so that me, my mom & dad, and Jesse & Alvin could do a 7 am session at the Temple. After that we went to breakfast at one of my favorite places- Crackers. Yum! After breakfast we went over to Jesse and Alvins to hang out for a little while. Then at noon it was back over to the Temple for Jake, Nicole & Cory Coombs sealing.
Nicole has been one of my best friends for as long as I can remember. We have pretty much grown up together and I think of her as a sister. I can't even explain how happy I am for her and her beautiful family. I'm so glad I was able to be a part of their special day. Their sealing was wonderful- Nicole looked so gorgeous and little Cory was so adorable. The spirit was so strong. I know they had been waiting for this for a while and I'm so glad I was able to go. Thanks for inviting me Nicole! I just want to share some pictures I have of Nicole and do a little tribute to my pal!
Here is Nicole and I in sunshine generation! The bottom row from left to right is me, Nicole, and then Trace. The top is my Uncle Ben in the middle and then the top right (with half the face cut) is Karleen!

Here we are for Halloween one year (I think in 6th grade):

Here is Nicole on a track trip when we were in 7th grade:

And then this was after 8th grade graduation. Ya... I know... I'm rockin the white jeans. haha.
Here is me, Nicole, Tyne and Allison before the Freshman Handshake Dance:

We played Volleyball and Softball together all four years of High School. Here is our Senior year of Softball:

I Love you Nicole!
Anyway... after Nicole's sealing on Saturday I left the Temple with Jessica Despain to go on over to Caroline Crum's (maiden name Crandell) baby shower. She is going to have a little girl and her due date is in April. She made such a cute pregnant woman! Her shower was really nice and she got lots of cute stuff. Here is a picture of what I made for her little girl 'Landie'. It was the first craft like this that I've done so it was kind of a trial.


Anyway... here are two older pics I have with Caroline- we were roomies for about a year.
Me and Caroline:

I love these girls (Caroline, me, Robyn & Taralee):

It really was a great weekend and I'm so glad I was able to spend it with my family & friends. On a side note... here is the other craft I have been working on lately. It is for mine and David's room- it's almost done but I have to figure out how to add some more red in it.

Well I hope everyone had a great weekend too!

9 comments:

Alvin & Jessica Pease said...

it was so fun to hangout with you this weekend! we for sure need to do that more often.
so that halloween pic is pretty gross! i cant believe how terded i look!!! and you totally rock the white jeans! i wish i had legs like yours!
also i have tiffanys bridal shower this weekend... do you have any good ideas of something i could make her. since your the craft queen!

Devin and Danielle Hancock said...

Look at you! Both of those were so dang cute! You're very talented. Sounds like you had a fun weekend. Did you get my comment before about Madden? Hope to see you all soon. Lova ya.

Kiara and Scott Vowell said...

Cute Crafts, you are very talented

Nic and Jessica Despain Family said...

I love old pictures and I told you that your craftiness is getting out of control!! love you!

Taralee and Trace said...

Nice old school pix! Can I just tell you how much I hated my "Jr. High" phase of life! ha ha. The bangs and the white pants. (oh, you know for sure I had a pair!)
Congrats to Nicole! That is so awesome! It's been a long time coming! I'm sure she was so beautiful and so excited. That's so cool that you got to go to it.
Oh and way to go on all the craft stuff. My living room colors are red, black, and cream. My bedroom is orange and brown and Brody's room is sports stuff (red, blue, orange)! HINT HINT!!!

Karleen said...

Ya I think that is me in the picture I am sure it is I don't think I missed a year of it. Tell Nicole I said congrats I am so happy for her.

Nic and Jessica Despain Family said...

you've been tagged check out my blog to see what you have to do!!

Nicole said...

Hey thanks Girlie I still consider you as my sister too. We did have some fun times and Holy Crap have we known eachother forever!! I remember the reason we were in camo for halloween that year do you?? Cuase we were going to hide at your grandma tenneys and scare the little kids. hahaha good times!! Love ya Thanks for being there with us it rocked!!

The Overstreets said...

How fun! I wish I got to see my friends more- I even live so close to almost all of them- life is just crazy and so different for everybody! And hey which tag did you want me to do, one or the other or what?! Let me know so I don't forget to do it! haha.