Tuesday, May 27, 2008

All Dogs Go To Heaven

This weekend was a very good and bad one for the Hall family. David came home from work on Thursday and noticed that Nash wasn't acting like his normal self. Not too much later that night- he started limping on his front legs, then he went to his dog bed and laid down and wouldn't get up again. David would try to move him and get him to stand up but he would just whine. We figured we would give it a night to see what happened but when David went to check on him at around 4 am he was sweating really bad and had a fever of about 104. So David took him to an emergency vet place right then where they checked him out but couldn't see anything- they wanted to take x-rays but David decided he would wait 30 more minutes and take him to our regular vet so we could get them done for cheaper. So a few hours later and a few x-rays later- they couldn't determine what it was and gave David some pain meds and told us to check back (they also took blood to check for valley fever but we don't get those results back till today). Anyway... we had already made plans to go up to Heber for my sister Kim's graduation so we left as soon as David got home. It was so sad seeing that cute little lab just laying on his dog bed, not able to move at all. He lasted one more night and then Saturday morning David and I watched him take his last breath. It really sucks not knowing what it was that happened to him and wishing that more could have been done. But we sure are glad for the few months we got to have him. I think dogs bring a different kind of joy into life and we're glad for all the smiles and laughs he brought to us. Here are some of my favorite pictures of 'Nash':
Nash, David & Madden

After his first bath-

Nap time-

Nash loved being around Madden-



He grew up and got big really fast!


WE LOVE YOU NASH!
Anyway... other than everything that happend to Nash- our weekend went really well. It was really great to be able to see my sister Kim graduate- she looked so cute! And she even got a couple of scholarships. I'm so proud of her and all that she has accomplished. I'm really looking forward to her moving in with us and hopefully seeing her continue her success through college.

It was really nice getting to be with family for the weekend- we spent most of our time playing games and laughing at Chace's jokes. We always have so much fun when we're together! Here are some pictures of the weekend:
It was 110 degrees in the valley last monday- and here is what we were driving through on Friday on our way to Heber:

Madden Loves Cheetos:

Me and Madden:

Madden loved hanging out and playing with Papa T- who took him to do lots of fun stuff (like feed the chickens and pig).

We have some funny videos that we took of some random things we did while we were there- I'll post those as soon as Jesse uploads them since I couldn't get my camera to work.
I hope everyone had a good weekend!

8 comments:

The Fish Family said...

So sorry to hear about your dog. Danielle and I rose home together yesterday and she was telling me about it. We had a dog for a little while and he got poisoned. It was really sad. It's amazing how quickly they become apart of the family. I'm glad that the rest of your weekend was fun though. Your little sister is beautiful, all of them are actually. Maybe one of these weekends we will be able to meet up, I hope that you have a good week!!

Taralee and Trace said...

Oh man Amanda. Sorry to hear about Nash. :( That makes me sad. Dogs DO go to heaven though. I'm sure of it. And cats go to hell. I'm 60% sure of that...and 60% of the time, it works EVERY time! :)
As for Kim's graduation and Heber. That looks like fun. What the ???? SNOW? Are you serious. That is just nuts. We had a good storm up here in Pootah and the mountains got slammed with snow again. Crazy. Madden is so cute. His eyes are amazing! Can't wait to see you on the 4th. Not too much longer!! :)

Aunt Tiff said...

Hey what the heck, do you not know where we live? I am so sad that you were up here so long, and I never got to see you. Makes me sad:( Sorry about the dog, we have two labs that you are more than welcome to come get!! Anyway, hope to see you next time you are up. Love you tons!!

Kathi & Ronnie Bishop said...

Congrats to your sister on the scholarships! That's great! The weather this last week was CRAZY! We kept checking the calander to make sure we were in MAY! I'm so sorry to hear about Nash. He was an adorable dog! I don't think it matters how long you have a pet. When something happens to them, it's heart breaking. Our dog Enzo had a neurological reaction to some medication. His back half went limp. He couldn't walk or stand without help. That was really hard. We didn't know what was wrong. So hard to watch pets suffer. At least people can tell you what hurts!

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

Sorry to hear about your dog especially not knowing what was wrong with him.
That's great that Kim received scholerships! Hopefully she has fun playing volleyball and kicks some butt!

The Overstreets said...

Oh that is so sad about Nash, I am so sorry! He was such a pretty dog! I can't believe how cold it was up in Heber! That is crazy that the end of May is having weather like that! Glad you had a good weekend with your family!

Jaime Stephens said...

That is so sad to hear about your dog I am sorry. I loved taras comment and agree with it :-)... Looks like fun in heber with your fam we heard about that snow that is so crazy! Savannah loves cheetos to I just hate how messy they are someone needs to invent clear cheetos..

Kiara and Scott Vowell said...

ok you just made me almost cry, poor little nash ( well he got so big ) I am so sorry about that, i bet your husband was so sad, I remember you telling me he wanted a lab.. maybe you could go for a 2nd one again.. I am sorry...