Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Back where I come from...

Well I've been slackin on the bloggin for the last couple of weeks- I don't know what happened! Here is a little catch up post to show what we have been up to lately.
*I've been doing better at working out regularly and I'm so happy to have found a new work out partner- Talia! She is in my ward and lives just about 100 yards away- and I don't know why it took so long for us to become friends. She has two cute little boys- her youngest is just a few days apart from Madden so Madden is happy to have a new friend as well. I had a cute picture of Madden and Landon but I don't know what happened to it. =(
*We spent fourth of July weekend up in Heber and we had such a great time. The weather was BEAUTIFUL!!! It was so good to see all the family and to just have time to relax. On Friday morning my sister and I went walking/jogging with my mom and it made me realize once again how beautiful Heber is- I love the mountains. Friday night I was able to meet up with my best pal- Taralee- who was down from Utah. I can't even explain how awesome it was to see her and spend time with her. I miss hanging out with her so much!!!
On saturday morning I left Heber at about 5 am with my mom, sister Jesse, and a bunch of other ladies from Heber to go into Taylor for their annual 'fun run'. All of us did the 2 mile fun run- except for my mom's neighbor Lori who did the 10K (she is my inspiration). My goal when doing it was to just jog the whole way which I was very surprised that I did (I'm not in good shape), and I was even more surprised when I took 3rd in my age group. haha... it's nothing to brag about but I was just glad I finished it!
Saturday night was the fireworks and of course there were a ton of people at my parents for dinner and the show. It was So great!!!
Here is a family pic before dinner:

And my grandparents waiting for the fireworks to start (they are so awesome)

My sister in law Heather came into town with her boyfriend Ryan- We were so glad they came!

This is how Madden watched the fireworks... at least for 10 minutes until he fell asleep:

Here is some of the young crowd- Alvin's sisters Myreel and Joselyn and then Carter:

After the fireworks some of my old friends came over to visit- Trace and Taralee Porter, Banning Jaime and their little girl Savannah, Dustin and Lindsey Johnson, and Hunter and Jessica (soon to be DeWitt). It was so good to visit with everyone and play some funny games. I hadn't laughed like that in a long time. Too bad we cant do that more than once a year. It was fun hanging out with you guys! And I'm so mad I didn't get any pictures. I wanted to get one of Madden and Brody and one of Madden kissing cute little Savannah. Haha... maybe next time.
Anyway... we got back on Sunday after a crappy 4 hour drive home. We are going back up north this week for a family reunion.
I hope everyone else had a great 4th of July!!!

7 comments:

Jamilyn said...

Wish we would've stayed out after the Fireworks. I think the 3 of us were exhausted though I could barely keep my eyes open and I knew Stratton was way past ready for bed. Hope you all had fun though! Your fam pict is so cute! I remembered after we were home that we didnt get one. Love you!

Vonda said...

That was so great seeing everyone and the food and fireworks. You cant beat Heber for the 4th. Is your friends last name Clare, by chance? Also, you need to call me so we can set up a pool day 497-1214, we're looking forward to it.

Ron Burgandy said...

Yo! I am seriously so upset that I didn't get a picture. What the??? Seriously....I'm mad. What did I get a camera for in the first place? I just wish I could have hung out with you and Dave more. I forget how funny you guys are. I loved playing volleyball with you and sorry that I sucked so bad. I'm a little rusty!
Oh and you are SO SO SO freakin skinny. I'm pretty sure that is the smallest I've ever seen you! You honestly look amazing. You are my insparation.
Love ya lots.

Jaime Stephens said...

Cute pictures!! Savannah is so glad she got to play with Madden she had fun times she just says him and Brody need to work on there staying up later skills. We had fun playing games and yeah I can't believe someone didn't bust out the camera for the fruit cover your lips game... Nice work on all the runs wow you are amazing.

Nicole said...

Your Family Picture is very cute I was wanting to get a better one then just at the parade but what can you do?? Anyway thanks for the invite to play volleyball wish I was in town for the fourth I really missed out on seeing eberyone and watching the greatest firework show of all time. I still cant believe i have lived down here for 6 MONTHS and still i have to see you what H is up with that?? Maybe I need to do something about that. Anywa glad you guys had fun oh and what the heck Hunter is getting married when? That is so awesome tell him congrats and I want an invitation!
Love you guys

Veronica Corningstone said...

Oh and PS. Did I tell you that I really enjoyed hanging out with you? I just wanted to make sure you knew that.

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

I've been slacking on the whole blog thing too... I'm glad you had a good time in Heber last weekend. Also, I'm impressed that you came in third in a two mile run; I haven't ran two miles in FOREVER.