Friday, August 8, 2008

All Great Men Have Mustaches...

I'm pretty bored tonight so I decided to do a post before I go into the living room to watch 'Hot Rod' and wait for David to get home (he went with my high school pal Dustin to a d-backs game). Anyway... T-Dizzle... wish you could be here to watch the movie with me! Quite frankly I think it is a pretty dumb movie but I'm going to watch it again cause I'm sure it will get funnier each time.

But anyway... I just had to do a quick post about what happened to me today. I went and picked up my friend Caroline and her little baby Landie this morning so that we could go shopping for a gift for my cousin Jami's bridal shower which is tomorrow. We went to a few different stores and got some lunch (it was nice getting to spend time with her since we hardly ever get to see each other). Anyway... after we were done shopping I went to drop Caroline back off at her house. I put my car in park and turned it off but then quickly realized I wouldn't be long helping her unload her stuff so I turn the car back on and then go to the back of the car to unload her stroller. Well... the door was locked and Caroline had already gotten out too and her door was locked also. All the doors were locked and Madden and Landie were still in the back seat. So... we ended up having to call 911 and the police and firemen came and after about 15 minutes my car was unlocked and the babies were ok (luckily I had turned the car back on so the AC was running). I thought I was going to have to go to jail or something or at least get a ticket. I think they may have felt bad cause when they got there both me and Caroline were crying. But ya... that is definitely something I don't want to have to experience again. It was so scary and I felt so bad!!! Sorry again Caroline! And thank heavens for police/firemen!
On a happier note... I just wanted to share what my husband brought home for me after work on Thursday! It was totally random and unexpected- and of course I LOVED it!

Oh and here is a cute pic I took of Madden this morning. I love this little man!

This is one of his favorite things to do- get in a basket inside the cupboard and then open and shut the door.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

8 comments:

Taralee and Trace said...

Why do you call yourself Vultron? Maybe cause it's super bad ass!! ha ha. Seriously...we'll have to watch it together. And I promise, it gets funnier everytime you watch it. Plus, watch it with Trace, it's hilarious. He laughs at EVERYTHING!
As for locking Madden and Landie in the car...I've done it before. Infact in the first two weeks that I had the expedition I locked the keys in the truck 3 times. NO lie. Once with Brody inside. Banning was able to break in one time but the time I locked Brody inside he was sleeping and we did have to call the cops to come open the door.
It was a strange feeling but at least he was sleeping. And I don't think you could get a ticket for that...I mean, HELLO, accidents happen.
Madden's hair is awesome. He is so handsome. Him and Brodster need to get together and brawl.
Love ya. Come watch Hot Rod with me and Trace. You would love it. Promise.

The Overstreets said...

Oh my gosh that is a sad story! I am always nervous about that and luckily (knock on wood) it has not happened to me yet! I am sure they see stuff like that all the time! Your flowers are beautiful and of course Madden is adorable!

Nicole said...

That is horrible! I am just waiting for the day that I do something like that I am such a space cadet the worst ever!!! Sorry you had to experience that! My luck I wont have the car on when I do it! I wish I could have made it to the shower I had to pick my mother-in-law up at the airport last minute but I might have to come see you so I can drop off her gift ooolala

Jaime Stephens said...

That is so fun I am sorry... I always fear that I am going to do that.. Luckily Banning is the one to come break in he is quite good at it and you will be happy to know that he goes on those calls often.. Pretty flowers and Madden is so cute I love him hiding in the cupboard too funny.

Taralee and Trace said...

trace said...

personally i think hot rod is one of the funniest movies ever produced. defineately dumb but we rented it and i watched it four times in one weekend and then just decided to keep it. trace and tara give it four thumbs up. its got the best one liners ever. great great movie. "hey!! little girl, i dont like cherry it upsets my stomach." "this is my hat now!, totally my hat!"

Boston and Kati Bryce said...

Hey woman! I love you blog.... you need to give me some tips. Mine is little BLAH! So your kids are adorable and I am soooo excited for Jessie! Well love I am down to play with you let me know how much.

Joseph and Talia said...

Dang girl I am sorry that happened!
But at least the AC was on! I am sure Madden thought it was cool getting to see the cops and firemen!! ;) J/K

Camron & Lonna Connolly said...

I think everyony does it at one point or another. unless your perfect like me...jk I did it too, w ali! but she locked the doors! funny story! speaking of funny Hot rod is Hilarious, but I think its cuz I watched it with Trace and Tara Lee when they came to visit! Be home Soon! Let me know when you come to Heber!