Friday, August 15, 2008

A Bridal Shower & Big Messes

Last Saturday was my cousin Jamilyn's Bridal Shower. She is getting married next month to a great guy named Brad- who loves her and her son Stratton so much- which makes me so happy! I love Jami so much and I have always been close to her. It is going to be fun having her live close (they just had a house built about 1/2 mile away!). Anyway... the bridal shower was so beautiful, and Jami got so much great stuff.
Congratulations to the beautiful bride to be!

Here is my adorable grandmother being the 'bride' in the game we played at the shower. I love you Grandma!

Here is Jamis sister in law Lauren (who threw the shower), My aunt Lorayne (Jamis mom), Jami, and my Grandma Hancock

Me, My mom and Jesse!

Here is my best pal Marina! I love this girl and am sad that I usually only get to see her at baby/bridal showers. She had me laughing through the whole thing!

On another note... I have been trying to get Madden to eat with a fork and spoon. He is doing a lot better but there are some times when using the fork just isn't quite fast enough so he goes back to the hands. I hate picking up the mess, but watching him make it is so worth it.
Here is his spaghetti kiss face

He's having a blast

I watched Taya the other day and they had so much fun playing with each other. Most of the day Madden would go up to Taya and take her hand and then take her to his room to play or to the kitchen or wherever- they had a good time making a big mess with all his toys.

Other than that we haven't been up to much. I have been staying up so late this past week watching the olympics (mostly just gymnastics and swimming)- and finally reading some of the 'twilight' series that so many people (all women) recommended. I hope everyone is doing great!

7 comments:

Jamilyn said...

You are the best hunny!! It was so great to see you at the Shower and I cant wait to see you more!!!! Thank you so much for coming and hopefully I'll have time tonight to catch my Blog up!!! LOVE YOU

Kathi & Ronnie Bishop said...

I don't think there is a way to be around Marina WITHOUT her making people laugh! She's a blast to hang out with! Boy does your grandma look like she is having fun! :) Congrats to your cousin on getting married! :)

Aunt Tiff said...

it was so good to see you this past weekend. Madden is getting so big! we love you guys!!

Taralee and Trace said...

YO YO! So, it's official. You guys should come up to UTAH and hang out with us. We could go camping or something or just chill or whatever...you just need to come up. Ya hear?
Madden is awesome. Those messes suck to clean up...but seriously...I laugh the whole time while they are making them. SOOOOO worth it.
Marina was hilarious. What's she up too? She is so pretty....as are you.
Oh and about the next baby. I'm going back to school. So we'll wait until I'm ALMOST graduated to have another one. I don't really want them spaced out so much, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. School will be about 2 more years. So I'll probably get prego 9 months before then. So like a year and a half? Maybe? Who knows. I just want to get done with school! And it is going to be SO hard going to school, working, being a mom, AND a wife. Hopefully I can handle it.

Vonda said...

I really wish I could have made it to the shower:-( Jamilyn looked gorgeous - I'll get to make it to the wedding though. Thanks for posting the Sherri picture - she's the cutest Grandma.

Kristal said...

Aww, I wish I could have made the shower too. Jamilyn looks HOT! Smokin hot! I'm soo jealous of her amazing hair! Um, and your grandma is awesome! That picture needs to be blown up, framed and put on her wall! That's soo cute.

Kristal said...

Aww, I wish I could have made the shower too. Jamilyn looks HOT! Smokin hot! I'm soo jealous of her amazing hair! Um, and your grandma is awesome! That picture needs to be blown up, framed and put on her wall! That's soo cute.