Monday, August 4, 2008

Flippin Sweet...

So we got back from our Lake Powell trip late Saturday night- and without a doubt, that trip was one of the best vacations I've ever had. We dropped Madden off at my Aunt Jolene's late Tuesday night. We thought for a long time about bringing him but decided that it would probably be more fun for him, and us, if we just let him hang out with cousins while we were gone.
My whole family was able to go- with the exception of my sister Jesse's husband Alvin- he couldn't miss his police academy training. And this whole trip was made possible because we were invited by the Fish family from joseph city. It's funny how alike our two families are- we like the same things and all of us kids are close to the same age. But ya... the trip was so much fun... each day we wakeboarded, played cards, played on the jet ski's, and just enjoyed each other's company!
Here are some pictures from the trip!
This is the house boat we stayed on. The slide on the back was a lot of fun.

Here is 'Captain Ron'- driving the wakeboard boat:

My two beautiful sisters... and my husband who thinks he is a gangsta:

Me and my sisters after we tried to throw each other off the water trampoline:

Me and David getting ready to go boarding:

Check out my man... what a stud!

Here is Chace- he was freakin awesome for having just learned to board:

Then there is Tara- I'm pretty jealous of her mad skills. I have yet to find something this girl isn't good at:

And this is the cutest thing ever- little Tatum tearing it up! This girl is so adorable.

Me and David just relaxin:

I love my mom and dad!

Kim and Chace:

Jesse and Maryssa:

This is Melese and her husband Chade:

Here's Tara and her husband Nate. (nate if you read this... you need to stop being so uptight). =)

Casey and his wife Debbie. This picture pretty much shows his personlity. He's hilarious:

On Friday night we did a 'variety show'. It consisted of: going to heaven on a table (which was hilarious), Dueling wooden spoons (also hilarious), a few jokes and magic tricks, a little skit by my dad, a couple guitar solos and a spiritual story.
Here is 'Pirate Ron' doing his skit:

Casey and Shelby doing the dueling wooden spoons:

These two were the life of the party:

Overall it was such an awesome trip. I'm so grateful to the Fish's who invited us to go with them! And Lake Powell is so beautiful. I definitely hope that won't be my last trip there.

12 comments:

Alvin & Jessica Pease said...

that was for sure the best trip ever!! the only bad thing is it went by way too fast... by the way im using some of the pics you took for my blog. dont ask me why i didnt take any on my camera. luv ya

ron&melz said...

Such a GREAT trip!! It had to be one of my favorite's ever because we had NO SCHEDULE!! No one even really cared what time it was unless to ask if it was time to eat. Love you guys so much - MOM T.

Ren & Anna said...

That looks so fun! I love Lake Powell!!

Kathi & Ronnie Bishop said...

Lake Powell is SO beautiful! I love it up there. So does your dad like bein' called "Captain Ron?" Ronnie and his dad love the movie so they love to be called Captain as well! I must say you look amazing in your pictures! :)

Aunt Tiff said...

looks like fun! I hear Madden was a blast to babysit...I didn't get to see him since we were on our vaca.

Taralee and Trace said...

Oh wow. That looks like SO much fun. I'm totally jealous. Thanks for the invite....j/k. Looks like you guys had lots of fun though.

Taralee and Trace said...

trace said...

why would that threaten me?

Taralee and Trace said...

And yes, your sista invited me to her blog! Congrats Auntie Amanda! That is AWESOME. When are you and dave...you know....??? (wink, wink) Anytime soon? Just wondering cause our kids need to be the same age so we can go to Lake Powell and stuff and stuff and have lots of fun and stuff and stuff.

Reidhead Crew said...

Amanda! How fun is that! Looks like you guys had a blast! And wow you look amazing!!! What's your secret? I keep wanting to ask you if you ever stuck to your NO CHOCOLATE for a month rule?? I really don't think I could do it!! I guess that is my problem I LOVE food too much... Anyway you are awesome!!
Oh ya tell Jesse I feel bad being left out of her blog reader list haha

Talia said...

Um WOW!! That looked like a total blast!! The last time I went to lake powell I was 7 months Pregnant and couldn't do anything it STUNK!!! I am glad you guys had a good time, but I am glad you are back cause I MISSED YOU!!! Now I we can get back to workin out!!

NOT LIKE YOU NEED IT!!! WOW WOMEN YOU HAVE A ROCKIN' BODY!!! OWWWWW!!! :)

The Porters said...

Amanda, you look great! Your family is so cute, your dad is hillarious, that whole Tenney tribe has got some good laughs in them for sure!

Camron & Lonna Connolly said...

You look hot in a bikini! I wish I looked good enough to wear one of those. How'd you get those Abs amanda??