Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What's on your mind?

*This blog post wasn't posted on my blog until Thursday night (which was after the news about my Grandad had been made public- I didn't know about it until Thursday afternoon). The reason why the date says Wednesday is because I was working on this post as a draft on that date*

There isn't too much going on in the Hall home these days, but since it has been a while since I've posted, I'm just going to do a short one right now with what has been on my mind this week:
-I'm already excited for the holidays. I love this time of year and getting to spend time with family. And I'm already thinking about preparing for Christmas. It feels like time is going by so fast so the holidays will be here before we know it. I'm thinking about buying a few gifts and saving up money already so that we don't break the bank later.
-I can't wait for winter. I am so sick of the heat, I want it to cool down so I can take my son to the park during the day and go on picnics and stuff. Not to mention I am ready to take a nice fun snowboarding trip.

-I LOVE having things to look forward to. Last month I was looking forward to a Heber vacation and our Vegas trip... this month I am looking forward to Time Out For Women- which isn't until November but I'm still really excited. I'm also looking forward to Halloween- mainly cause of the candy and I get to dress up my little boy. =)
-I'm starting school up again on Tuesday and I am so determined to finish this time. My first class back is 'Legal and Ethical Issues in Education'. I'm thinking that if I double up on classes I can be done and just have student teaching left to do in only 8-9 months! So if I start complaining in the near future about classes- try to keep me motivated!
-Oh and I can't forget to mention the exciting news that my Grandad Hancock is getting put in as a counselor to my Grandpa Tenney in the Snowflake Temple Presidency. How amazing is that? Both of my grandparents will be working in the Temple- this just goes to show how incredibly blessed I am to have such a great family.

-My cousin Jamilyn got married last Friday- she is now Jamily Craig. Her wedding and reception afterwards was beautiful- I really don't think it could have been any better. She looked so beautiful! Here is the only pic I took at the reception. (oh and yes my sister is 4 monthe preggers... can you believe it?)

6 comments:

Aunt Tiff said...

SOOOOOOO excited about your Grandad and Grandma!! I am NOT surprised at all. What a double blessing to your family. I am looking forward to the holidays too...not Halloween though...I HATE Halloween, not to mention that I have NO idea what to dress TEN kids in. I do like the candy though:)

Alvin & Jessica Pease said...

i cant wait for time out for women! its gonna be so much fun. i love spending time with my sisters & mom. i will admit im a little sad about the holidays since alvin will most likely have to work so we wont be going out of town like usual. boohoo. and Jamie looks so pretty in the pic you took!! so do you of course. luv ya

Aunt Tiff said...

Hey! I heard about your dad getting a call about your blog today...I think it is CRAP that the concerned "friend" didn't have enough courage to leave their name so your dad could discuss the matter with him. I think your blog is fine....just remember...Those who matter - don't mind, and those that mind - don't matter!!!

Aunt Tiff said...

ps...I forgot to tell you that aunt jami said to go ahead with what crafts you would like...she loves the LOVE blocks and the big "M". And she said whatever else you think. Have fun with it!

{nicole coombs} said...

Thats so exciting! You guys look like you have been busy! It looks like I wont be working for very much longer we need to get together one of these days I still really want to see your house!

Taralee and Trace said...

YOU TEACH ME TO SNOWBOARD?

Hey ya pal. So you + me + our hubbies = a GRAND ol time on the slopes. OR just let me watch Madden so you and DAVE can hit the slopes. I would be ok with that too. Him and the Brodster could brawl! :) Plan on it...2008.

Ok, bye.

PS.
That is AWESOME that you are going back to school. I can already see our dreams coming true. Now we just need to move closer to eachother and live in a po-dunk town.