Monday, December 8, 2008

'Can't see the lines can you Russ?'

I can't even begin to say how much I love the holidays. The Thanksgiving and Christmas seasons are my favorite part of the year. Mainly because I usually get to spend a lot of time with my family, random people generally seem to be more friendly, and I am constantly reminded of how blessed I am. Not to mention I LOVE the Christmas lights, the music, the movies (I just watched Christmas vacation- hence the blog title), the cards, the goodies... and everything else!

Here are some blessings we've received recently:
My parents took Madden up to Heber with them for a few days so David and I were able to spend some quality time together. I really feel so blessed to have such a wonderful husband who works so hard for his family. And I love that I still find him as attractive, fun, and interesting as the first day I met him. And with Madden gone for a few days, I was even more grateful to get him back. I freakin love this kid.
We were able to sell our trailblazer to some friends of ours. We had been thinking about selling it for a long time now since we wanted to get a four wheel drive truck. Well it worked out perfectly that we were able to sell it to them and now we have a pretty much brand new 4x4 chevy truck. David and I both love it. Of course David has lots of plans for rims, tires, exhaust, bla bla... but I like it just the way it is.
David passed the physical and written tests to be a cop, so now he has an interview on Tuesday. It's going to be pretty tough cause there were A LOT of men who passed everything and they only have a few openings. The way we see it though is if it's meant to be, he'll get the job, if not- that's ok too!
Everything has been going well with the pregnancy thus far and for that I am very grateful. Despite the constant feeling of nauseousness and exhaustion, I am almost out of this phase and will hopefully be feeling great and energized soon.
Well I hope you all are doing wonderful and having a great holiday season also!

13 comments:

Talia said...

Madden is so cute!! I can see why you love him so much!!

And i am Totally Pumped for David passing his tests!! That is Awesome!! We wish the best for you guys, and hope he gets the job!! (we hope he gets the job so he can Stop all those hot, flirty chicks who think they can get out of a ticket, and bust their bubble by giving them a ticket!!! ha ha :)

Kameron & Gina Lee said...

How fun you got a few days with just your hubby! I wish Kameron and I could get that! Does your mom want Porter too? haha. jk. Yeah for the new truck, new cars are always fun. (except I hate when the payment comes around!) And congrats on the interview!! What department is he testing with? Its such a long process, so good luck and hopefully everything works out! kameron got tazered yesterday, haha. David is in for a ride!

Alvin & Jessica Pease said...

thats a pretty sweet truck.... i didnt even get to see it sunday since you guys left before us. i hope your back is feeling better & you can actually move around & breath normal. luv ya tons & cant wait to get together next weekend (hopefully)...

Steven and Becky Trujillo said...

New truck, Fun! Good luck to your hubby on the cop position. Cops have great benefits don't they? I just found out you were pregnant again. Congrats. That first half of the pregnancy is a killer, huh! Good luck with all of the nausea and rest of pregnancy fun. When are you due? We are due April.

debrajo said...

I meant to tell you when I commented on your last post that I'm really happy for you. I think you're going to have a boy...although it's just a 50/50 shot, so you know it'll just be a lucky guess if that's what you have. I hope that David gets the job. That would be so good for your family.

Aunt Tiff said...

I LOVE that flippen movie!! It is my ALL time favorite Christmas movie. Congrats on the truck!

Vonda said...

How did I not know you were pregnant? I must have missed that post (or forgot) Congrates though - Im happy you and Jessi will have fun cousins together.

Devin and Danielle Hancock said...

Wow that was fast... weren't we just talkin' about you guys gettin' a new truck? Haha. It is nice though, and congrats to David passing all his tests. Good luck with the interview. Hope you guys have a good Christmas, we are gonna miss you guys this year!

Kacy said...

Hey this is Kacy Heap. Long time no see. Congrats on the preg. Just thought I would say hi. Tell Jessica hi too. I started a blog its kacyheap.blogspot.com. Talk to you later.

Taralee and Trace said...

trace said...

"no dad, you can't". "hey griswald, where you gonna put a tree that size." i'm with tiff, thats the greatest christmas movie ever then elf then trapped in paradise. if you havent seen trapped in paradise you most definetly have to. hey dave "you want the 31 then baskin robbins is where you need to be." i'd go with the p 21. "officers i got your pizzas" k bye

Ren & Anna said...

How nice of your parents!!! I hope you start feeling better soon. That's no fun. Do you need help with anything?? THANK YOU SO MUCH for the yummy Christmas treats!!!

Amy Jo said...

I started laughing as soon as I read the title, I love that movie. So glad we guys were able to come to the blessing and then again the other night. Stop by more often and visit us. Porter wants to challenge David to a wrestling match.

Taralee and Trace said...

I meant to say "no dad, you can't" on this post and not the previous one. AND then I realized that Trace already said it.
JINX.