Thursday, February 12, 2009

Latest Happenings

We've had a pretty good last week and a half. Here's what we've been up to:

* I celebrated my 24th birthday last Thursday- the 5th. I feel like I am getting really old! I woke up to Madden shouting, "Mom, mom!" and when I went in his room to get him up there were 2 dozen red roses for me. Such a great way to start out the day! Also, as a birthday present for both David and I and an early tax refund gift to ourselves, we went out and bought Schwinn mountain bikes and a bike trailer for Madden. This has been one of the best buys we've ever made. We love going on family bike rides and Madden loves it.
My flowers:
Madden is ready for his first bike ride:

My bike:
David on his bike:
* Last Saturday I had a 'girls night out' with some of my great gal pals. We went to Cracker Barrel to eat and then went to Jesterz comedy club after dinner. It was so much fun! The comedy club was hilarious and it was great to laugh for about 90 minutes straight. I can't even begin to say how much I love these girls and what great friends they are. I have grown up with all of them except Talia and Lindsey, and I'm SO SO glad to have Talia and Lindsey in my life now. I love you girls! Here are some pics from the night:
The girls at dinner- Lindsey, Caroline, Jami, Jessica, Sharla, Talia and Me!
At the Comedy Club: Me, Jami, Caroline, and JessicaAt the Comedy Club: Jami, Talia, Caroline, and Jessica
Me and my beautiful cousin Jami!
Me and my pal Talia:
* Talia and I have also started a sort of dinner exchange which has been great. 2 nights a week she cooks for us and 2 nights a week I cook for them. It is wonderful to have 2 nights in which I can get a homecooked meal as take out and not have to worry about dishes. I don't know what I'd do without her. =)

11 comments:

.taralee. said...

I'm going to assume that if I didn't live 10+ hours away I would have been invited to the girls night! Maybe next year! ;) Looks like you guys had a great time.
HAPPY BIRHTDAY TO YOU!!! Sorry I called a day late...I'm a space cadet. (I joined Sharla and now we are just soaring around in our little jets..vrrroooom!!) ha ha.

Alvin & Jessica Pease said...

your bike looks sweet! what a fun thing for you guys to do as a family... and get a workout all at the same time! girls night looked like a blast... i sooo wish i could have gone. especially since they dont happen very often.

Jaime Stephens said...

Happy Late Birthday looks like you guys are having fun and I love the bike idea...

Jamilyn said...

I cant wait for the next girls night! It was such a great night and i had so much fun with all you girls. Thanks for inviting me! LOVE YOU

Aunt Tiff said...

I LOVe girls nights out!! THey are the best!!! I heard you were here yesterday and didn't even let me know. We could have worked on some rag quilts!!!

mrs_jpyatt said...

Oh my goodness what wonederful pictures of you girls! Caroline...what a friendly face that was to see! I think about her often! She's one of the girls I don't really keep up with! Most of the others are on here or myspace! It looks like you ladies had a wonderful time! Happy Belated Birthday! I love roses that's the best thing to wake up to!

Ren & Anna said...

Wow, I love the dinner exchange idea!!
Of course you can come over after I have the baby...I will need some serious help! You'll have to tell me what to do! LOL!

Reed and Kamarie said...

Its been good to see you too. Reed only has Thursdays off so I usually dont go to enrichment but everytime I go I have a really good time. I go running with Emmalee Lawlor from the ward. Once you have your baby you should come with us. And the dinner exchange is such a good idea. My sister-in-law does it with 5 ladies from her ward so she only cooks once a week. Oh and you are tiny for being 22 weeks prego! and I also need to get your coupon tips too because I am definetly not an expert.

Nic and Jessica Despain Family said...

That night was so fun! Thanks for the invite. And we need to reserve a day to go shopping so i can take you out for your birthday! I am excited for the next girls night lol!! Love ya hunny

debrajo said...

How fun! Jesterz is a great place. I've been there a couple times & it's worth every penny. Your husband is so sweet to give you 2 dozen roses for your 24th. That's thoughtful.

The Overstreets said...

Your bikes look so nice! And Jesterz is the best, we went there so many times in high school for dances and stuff and it never disappoints! Fun girls night! And if you guys are ever out here seriously call- we can hook up and let the boys play!