Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentines and Holiday Weekend

I really love long weekends. Anytime I get an extra day to have David home is always great! We've had a great last week. David decided last Tuesday that he wanted to go snowboarding at Sunrise so we made a quick trip up to Heber Tuesday night and came back home Wednesday after he got done. I brought my little sister Emma home with me and it sure was great to have her here for a few days. Madden just loves her and loves playing with her. On Saturday me and Emma had some girl time and went to the mall to find her some clothes and then went and watched Pink Panther 2. It was great to spend quality time with her. Then she was sweet enough to babysitt that night so me and David could go out. We just went out to eat the went to the mall to get me some much needed maternity shorts. And he gave me the sweetest letter for valentines day... I really had such a great Valentines day!


David sold his quad on Sunday... only to turn around and get another one that same day (sold and found one on craigslist). He really is enjoying his 'raptor' and got to go riding on Monday. Here is Madden on the new 'wad' as he calls it.

My family came down on Sunday and we were able to hang out a little on Monday. Me, my mom and sisters kim and jesse were able to get pedicures monday morning- I love pedicures! Then we went to Chuck e cheese that afternoon. Madden had such a blast going around from game to game and it is always great to spend time with the family- even if it isn't for very long.

Meanwhile... I feel like I have so much that I want to do in the next few months. Here are some things I am looking forward to and some things that are on my to-do list:

*Becoming an aunt. Jesse will have her baby soon and I can't wait. I just hope everything goes ok!

*Painting and re-decorating the nursery

*Getting baby clothes out of the attic and washing and organizing everything

*Decide on a name for the baby

*Painting the room Madden will be moved into- and making a rag quilt for Madden's room with my Aunt Tiff

*Try to start potty training and see how that goes

*Planning a 2nd birthday party for my little man

*Hopefully getting something done with our backyard

*Move Madden into a 'big boy' bed

6 comments:

Aunt Tiff said...

Sounds like a great weekend!! Wish we could have seen you while we down there! i will get with you soon on how much material you need for those quilts. I love the family pic of you guys!

Jaime Stephens said...

I am jealous... Shorts I want to wear shorts.. Sounds like you have a lot going on at least most of it will be fun.. Good luck with potty training man it's great but lots of work.

Jami said...

I love the family picture!! Being an Aunt is the BEST!! It's crazy to think but you where my first neice:)I sure do LOVE you!!

The Bishop Family said...

Hard to believe Madden is almost 2! Wow...and then to think a second one on the way! No sooner will you get one out of diapers, you'll have another one in diapers!

Brennon & Amber Adams said...

Madden is such a big boy now! I can't believe how time flies! congratulations on the little boy! I bet you & David are so excited! Good luck on baby names! It is so hard!

.taralee. said...

AMANDA and Dave and Madden and little baby baby...

HAVE I TOLD YOU LATELY THAT I LOVE YOU??

Looks like you are going to be busy busy with that list. That is quite the list. I wish I was there to help you paint. Cause I can paint like a mad man! :)
I also wished we lived close together so that we could go to the gym and get our *aces kicked by that one black drill sargent lady whom I liked to call BIG booty Bertha! ;)

LOVE TO YOU ALL!!

* censored in courtousy of other fellow bloggers!