Monday, April 13, 2009

Fun Family Outing

David had a half day this past Friday and decided he would just take the whole day off so we could go camping Thursday night. I absolutely love being outdoors and doing things like camping and such but I was pretty hesitant since I wasn't sure how cold it would be at night. Nevertheless, we decided we would drive up to four peaks and find a nice place to camp. The spot we camped at I had actually camped at before (Taralee... does it look familiar at all? =). Anyway... we got there around 5:30 and immediately set up the tent. Then we got everything else set up and cooked up some hamburgers and hotdogs on our little grill and ate while we sat around the fire. It definitely didn't take long for Madden to get SO dirty and to get ketchip and mustard all over his face! We roasted shmores (a camping must), David took Madden on a quick quad ride, then went to bed a little before 9. I was surprised that I didn't get cold at all (thanks to david's dad's heavy duty sleeping bags). My only complaint of the night was that it wasn't too comfortable being 7 months pregnant and sleeping on the ground- since we didn't have an air mattress.

Anyway... in the morning we cooked up some eggs and bacon. Then we went on about an hour and a half family quad ride up the mountain. The weather and scenery was beautiful. Overall... It was a great camping trip!

7 comments:

Aunt Tiff said...

Looks like lots of fun!! Love you guys!

Jamilyn said...

looks like you guys had a great time!!! hopefully next time we can join you on a camping trip.. dont you still have my air mattress???

Nic and Jessica Despain Family said...

looks like a lot of fun! next time we are in LOL!!

Kameron & Gina Lee said...

You are so nice to go camping with your husband right now. I would NEVER. But it does look like you guys had a lot of fun.

Taralee said...

I'm totally green with jealously. I'm not even going to lie.
And heck yes- I TOTALLY remember that place. We shot guns and stuff.
And spun some wicked brody's with some crazy redneck from J-city driving. good times.
maybe sometime we could go camping together. yes. let's do it.

Taralee said...

ps. you look so amazing and so happy. I love madden's dirty DIRTY face.

Tell David that I listened to Mike Jones the other day and for some reason thought of him....not sure why. I think his friend Brent (?) like it...the one that "fell asleep" on the floor behind my red couch.

{nicole coombs} said...

I am so jealous!! I want to go camping with just my little family!! Looks like a blast. So how have you been eeling these days? you are getting pretty close your self.