Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The First Week and a Half

Well it has been almost a week and a half since Kolten has joined our little family. It has been such a joy having him here! I forgot what a sweet spirit a newborn can bring into the home. The adjustment has been pretty good. Aside from me not getting any sleep at night (last night he was up every hour!). At least I know he shouldn't have any trouble gaining weight- the kid eats like crazy!

Madden just loves his little brother. All day he will go up to him and give him kisses and say 'baby tute' and 'baby ties' (his C's are T's right now). And he is constantly wanting to hold his little brother.
Here are some more pics from this past week.
Well I'm off right now to take little Kolten to get that blasted PKU test done. I HATE when they have to poke my baby! =(

8 comments:

Jami said...

He is absolutely beautiful!! I am so glad things are going well. New babies are such a blessing, I love the way a new baby smells and I could just spend the day staring/watching them:) Love to all!

Taralee said...

I seriously just want to hold him and rock him and love on him. He is so perfect. He looks SOOOOO Tenney too. I always thought Madden was a mini-Dave. This little fellow is more Tenney-ish. Cute little booger! ;)
I NEED another one....like NOW! (I'm sorry did my pin get in the way of your A$$? Lose 5 pounds or get out of my office like NOW!)

Nic and Jessica Despain Family said...

I love him... hmmm i need to bring Taya by!! She misses madden and she wants to hold "the little tiney baby boy" lol!! You call me if you need anything!!

Aunt Tiff said...

His looks are already changing!! Can't wait to see and hold him again when you come up next week! Love ya!

debrajo said...

He's so tiny! How adorable!

{nicole coombs} said...

He is So Cute Amanda. I think one of my favorite things about having Kellin is watching Cory with him. Kellin is starting t get so alert and when cory is all in his face kissin on him Kellin just stares at him its soo fun! Looks like Madden is having fun and is doing great with him. Thats always a worry with a new baby with a toddler in the house.
So yeah I am pretty sure I am going to go up for the fourth with my parents. How dumb is it that I have to drive to Heber to see you when you live 10 minutes away from me?

The Bishop Family said...

Kolten really seems to favor the Tenney side! He is adorable! It's great when the older kids take to the babies. Makes the adjustment so much easier! It's nice to see someone else who has a baby that feeds like crazy! :)

dani said...

He is seriously so adorable! What a cute set of boys you have! :)