Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Our New Bundle of Joy

Well I was sure last week that I was going to have to get induced sometime this week, but Kolten surprised us by coming Saturday 6/13 at 5:22 am. He was 6 pounds 13 ounces and 20 1/4" long. He is just so cute and we are LOVING having a new baby around!

So here is a quick birth story... Friday I woke up feeling a little frustrated cause I was ready for the baby to be here but didn't think anything was going to happen. I cleaned most all morning then took the afternoon pretty easy. Later that night we went on a family walk and then came home to watch a movie we rented. I came in to check some school work on the computer while David started the movie. When I went to stand up to go watch the movie I felt a little gush of water come out. I knew that sometimes your water can break and leak slowly so I told David and we got ready to go to the hospital. We got to the hospital at about 9:30 and when the nurse came in to check to see if my water really had broken and to see if I was dialted she ended up completely breaking my water. I was dialted to a 4 and not having any contractions. By the time they got me into a labor and delivery room it was about midnight and I was barely getting some contractions. They started pitocin around 2 am and I was at a 5. The contractions got way worse so I got the epidural. Around 4:30 a nurse came in to check me and said I was still just at a 5. They had me turn on my left side to see if it would help. 20 minutes later ANOTHER nurse came in to check me and said I was a 9! She left and then about 15 minutes after that I told David to go get someone cause I felt like I needed to push. The doc came in and that was that- Kolten came at 5:22 after about just 5 minutes of pushing.
Here are just a couple of pictures. I did really bad at taking pics at the hospital. =( This is David in the waiting room... He was being so funny. He gets all nervous and excited. Man I love this crazy guy.

21 comments:

Aunt Tiff said...

He is so dang adorable and it was so good to get to hold him and kiss on him on Sunday. I still think he looks like Trey some. So glad he had a safe arrival. Sure do love you guys!! Give both little guys a kiss for me!!

Nelson and Kelsey Lewis said...

Congrats on your little boy! He looks perfect! Hope your recovery goes well.

Brennon & Amber Adams said...

Congratulations! He looks so adorable! I am so happy for you! & I love his name!

The Overstreets said...

K I love the name Kolten and he is so cute! I bet you are glad that it went pretty fast too! How cute is Madden with him! I love that- good luck to you guys!

Matt, Katie & Jayden said...

I have been checking your blog like crazy to see if you had your baby. Congrats congrats. That's so exciting. I hope you are healing well. Good job mama.

The Bishop Family said...

Congrats on the new one! He is so adorable and TINY! Way to go on the five minutes of pushing...that must be a new record!

Devin and Danielle Hancock said...

Aww. He is so sweet. Congrats again.

Sarah and Trent Buehler said...

He is so handsome!! Congratulations!! The good looks must come from Grandpa Dave :-)

Let us know if you need anything!!

Corie and Kevin said...

Congratulations! Now TWO beautiful boys!!! We are so excited for you guys!

The Reidheads said...

He is adorable Amanda!! Congratulations!!

Jami said...

Congrats to the Hall Family!! He is sooo SWEET!! We are grateful that all went well - sure do love you guys!!!

{nicole coombs} said...

He is way cute Amanda! Wish I could have made it to the hospital to see you guys, but I figured you were tired and slammed with all kinds of family! So I am planning on coming out to see you in a few weeks when he is a bit older. Love ya girl!

Jaime Stephens said...

Congrats he is so cute and Madden looks so happy to have a brother hope your feeling well!

Nic and Jessica Despain Family said...

CONGRATS! He is so cute!! Looks like Madden likes him abit! yay!!

Nelson Family said...

Congradulations! I am so happy for you guys. I hope that you guys transition well with the new baby, and hope you don't get too tired. He is adorable! It feels so good to be done huh? And isn't the second one way easier to deliver than the first? Amazing. :)

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

I am so glad that everything went smooth and you are all doing well. I love the pic with the blue collar. What a handsome boy! Congrats.

Tara Tenney said...

Congrats on the new little terd. Now its going to be lot of fun. Cant wait to see the little cutie. I am glad that everything went good. Miss ya!

The Fish Family said...

Congrats Amanda! Glad that he is finally here. What a cutie pie. Having two boys is so much fun. They will be best buds. Love ya!

Nik & Robyn Cruze said...

Amanda, Congrats on your new little bundle of joy! He is adorable! Glad he finally wanted to enter the world!

Ren & Anna said...

He's so cute! congrats! 5 minutes of pushing??? I'm so jeaous!

Taralee said...

YO YO! Congrats on the new little bundle of bugs, balls, trucks, trains, dinosaurs, dogs, and all sorts of mischief!! I'm so excited for you. He is absolutely beautiful!
Can't wait to see him. Madden is such a cute older brother. HOPE YOU ARE DOING GOOD!!!
I can't believe only 5 minutes of pushing!! WOW.