Friday, September 11, 2009

Since last time...

A lot has gone on since my last post! We have been lucky to have some great trips these last few weeks. We got the chance to go to the cabin in Greer with the Hall family, and it was great to spend time with Reed, Rena, Heather, Jessica, and even Grandpa Dave was able to come! The weather was beautiful and we spent a lot of time playing games and just visiting on the porch. I just love the mountain air and being able to get away from the big city. It was a great weekend. Here are the pics:Little Kolt on the way to the cabin:
Madden... drinking and riding on the porch:
Funny story behind this pic... we had gone on a long quad ride this day, so Madden didn't really get to take a nap. Around 7pm we were sitting around eating and suddenly realized he had disappeared. We discovered that he had slowly slinked out of his chair and had fallen asleep in the praying position! It was so cute. He was so out of it! You can see his half eaten plate of food too. Family pic on the bed!

The Hall boys and Men. What a good lookin bunch!
Family photo in front of the cabin:
I also had the chance to go up to Heber last wednesday and stay there for almost a week. I was busy almost the whole time. On Thursday, with the help of my amazing Aunt Tiff and Uncle Brandon I was able to can some chicken, pinto beans, and green beans (I felt so domesticated!). On saturday David and I went with my mom and some other ladies on an 18 mile bike ride (it was pretty tough but lots of fun). On Sunday we blessed our little Kolten George. And then on Monday we bagged a ton of corn and then came home.
What I have to show for a lot of hard work:
My Aunt Tiff also took family pics of us. Here are the pics that I absolutely LOVE! She did such a great job!

So now that I am home my days are consisting of trying to catch up on school work and getting back on top of the laundry and housework that needs done. Oh... and I have started to train for a triathlon that is going to be in November. I have actually really enjoyed these last few weeks and all the time I've spent swimming, biking and running. Swimming is DEFINITELY my weak point. But I'm not doing this race to get a good time, I'm simply doing it just to show myself I can!
Anyway... what has everyone else been up to recently?

6 comments:

Aunt Tiff said...

So glad you got to come with me last Wednesday and that we got to hang out as much as we did!! Hope you know how much I love you!! Glad you like your pics!!!

Curtis and Dani Welton said...

I loveeee canning! What a great vacation.

The Bishop Family said...

It's amazing how much Kolten has changed since your last post! He is very handsome! Your aunt did a great job on the family picture! You look great!

{nicole coombs} said...

OOOOO I LOVE Greer! Its so beautiful. I worked up there for a while when we lived in Eager. Kolten is so cute and I love Madden your stories remind me of how Cory is I think they would make great pals! I really like you family picture we need some really bad. And You look smokin hot in that picture! No Im not coming on to you swear! :)

cordae said...

Amanda. i got my blog fixed about time. You and your little family are so cute I love playing ball with you. And your blog is so adorable!

Jaime Stephens said...

wow you guys have been up to all kinds of things and it all looks like fun.. Your family picture is so cute! Your boys are getting so big! That is awesome you are doing a trialthalon I would love to do one but I struggle swimming! Good luck with that..