Sunday, January 3, 2010

On The Go...

Has everyone else been really busy the last couple of weeks? I feel like we have been on the go non-stop ever since Christmas. It really was such a great holiday season and I can't believe it is 2010!!! Here are the highlights of our last two weeks:

- Had David's mom, grammy, and two little cousins come over. We had a yummy dinner and the kids opened a few presents. Madden sure did seem to enjoy having a little buddy (tyler) around to play. Here is little Trinity reading a book in the Elmo chair:
Madden and Tyler:
- We went to David's dads and had a little Christmas celebration there. We ate some more great food and opened some great presents. Madden was extremely excited about his 'wad' shirt and the helmet that grandpa and grandma got him. He seriously wants to wear this shirt EVERY day. Here he is giving a 'thumbs up':
And here he is on dad's quad... he is SO much like his dad:
- Christmas this year was spent at my parents. It was FREEZING up there. It was so much fun and so exciting to have 'Santa' come. It is always so nice being up there because Madden loves to tag around with his Uncle Trey (who plays with him so good) and there is always someone who wants to hold Kolten. So it is a nice break for mom!
My parents beautiful, and seriously huge christmas tree:
Here is Kolten with Papa T:
Kolten with Aunt Emma Christmas morning:
Kolten in his cute new beanie from Great Grandma Tenney:
- We were lucky enough to have my little sister Emma staying with us on New Years Eve and so David and I got to go out! We went to eat at Texas Roadhouse with our good pals Aaron and Lindsey and then went back to their place and played games for a good 3 hours. Lindsey made sure we all stayed up past midnight (which I can't even remember the last time I stayed up that late). We had a blast! I'm mad I didn't take any pictures.
- This past weekend was the Porter Reunion which was down here in the valley. We were only able to go for part of the day on Saturday but it sure was great to see everyone. We all went to Amazing Jakes for some pizza and games. Madden loves playing the games there and even enjoyed the teacups! Here is me and my happy, good, little baby:
I'm excited to have some fun things to look forward to in the next couple of months. David's birthday is next week and mine is in February. A week from today we will be leaving to go to Utah to snowboard for two days and we will be staying with Trace and Tara and little Brodster. I don't know what I am more excited for... snowboarding or getting to hang out with them for a little bit! And then in February we are planning on going to Vegas for SuperBowl weekend, and I'm training for a 10K the end of February! So I am really looking forward to everything!
I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Years!

3 comments:

Jaime Stephens said...

Holy cow you guys are busy, looks like fun though!

Taralee said...

All of those pictures are so cute! It looks like you guys have been so busys lately. I have too...I haven't had time to post. I need to get with it.
I'm SOOOOOO excited to have you all stay at my house this weekend. We'll have a birthday celebration and stuff...it will be great. Does Dave like cake? Or ice cream? Or both?

Alrighty then, see you soon!!!

{nicole coombs} said...

You guys were busy for Christmas. We got to stay home pretty much the whole day!
Your hair is cute short.
I was just thinking I am so sick of never seeing anyone EVER! Or doing anything. What are you up to this week? Maybe we could meet for lunch or me and my boys come for a visit?
Let me know talk to you later.