Thursday, June 3, 2010

New Things...

* I just want to first say CONGRATS to my little brother who graduated high school, my little sister who graduated from the 8th grade, and my cousin Josh who had his farewell and is leaving for his mission to South Carolina. We were able to go up to my parents for the weekend for everything and it was so great to spend time with the family. We played lots of games, laughed A LOT, went to the graduation ceremonies, watched the Suns game (such a bummer), watched the UFC fights, and went to Josh's farewell. I'm so excited for my siblings and my cousin who are all beginning a new stage in their life. I wish them the best in all they do! Here are some pics of graduation:
My brother Chace, Grandpa Tenney, and Cousin JT.

I love this pic of 'Chizzy' walking out of graduation:

All the girls and our beautiful mother:

Maryssa and her good friend Macy... doesn't Maryssa look beautiful? I can't believe how grown up she is now!

- And speaking of new stages... here are some new things we have going around here:
*David got PROMOTED! He has started his new job as manager and really seems to be enjoying it so far. I am so excited for him and SO PROUD of him for all his hard work. I have full confidence that he can do as well as a manager as he did as a counselor and have lots of success.
* Even though David got promoted, we are taking a little cut in pay (hopefully things will even out in the long run). So... our family has started a new budgeting system. I am trying the 'cash envelope' system. I have envelopes labeled for groceries, david's lunches, family eating out/date nights, future student teaching (saving now to pay for babysitting while I do my student teaching in August), etc. I take out cash at each paycheck and put the allotted amount in the envelopes and that money is to last us for 2 weeks. Once the money is gone... you have to wait till next paycheck for more. We'll see how it goes. =)
* Madden started swimming lessons on Tuesday and it has been pretty rough his first two lessons. I am really hoping he will get to where he really likes it and enjoys swimming... right now he cry's whenever it is his turn. =(
* I started a new class... my last class till student teaching! I feel like I get really busy when I'm in school and trying to stay on top of other things. I'm trying to figure out a way to be more organized and productive. Any ideas?
- In other news... my baby is turning 1 in 10 days! Ugh! Is it possible at all to just skip June 13th and then he can just stay my baby for a little longer??

3 comments:

Aunt Tiff said...

Congrats to Dave on his new job...and it was so good to see you guys this past weekend. Do you really know how much I love and adore you?!!!

Taralee said...

Looks like you guys have a lot going on. As for your last question about being organized and how to juggle student teaching and family life- this is what I did: 1. Rememeber to breathe. It will all be over and you'll have your degree soon enough. 2. Make lesson plans for the week ALL at once. That way you aren't staying up all night the night before trying to get everything planned and stuff. 3. Take at least 1 hour each afternoon where all you do is give attention to the kids. I know 1 hour doesn't seem like a lot...but when you have so much on your plate- the kids will really appreciate the full on devoted mommy time. Brody did a lot better if I gave him undevoted attention, instead of trying to multitask and get school work and family time done at the same time...it never worked for me and I always ended up getting frustrated. 4. Ummm...you're amazing and I know you'll be able to do it with no problem. Give me a shout if you need any help or suggestions with things. :) Love ya. See ya on the 4th. (I'm in Show Low till July 12)

Taralee said...

PS. Maryssa looks AMAZING. She is so pretty!! (All of you girls are...but she looks so grown up.)