Thursday, June 24, 2010

Summer Fun

Our summer has been full of fun things so far. Despite the depressing 100+ degree weather, we have been able to spend a lot of time outside in the water and doing other fun thing. Here are a few of the things we've been up to:
- Madden just finished his first session of swim lessons and he is doing so well! He LOVES swimming and has gotten very good at it too. As for Kolten... he loves the water as well- which is why we have to watch him very close around the water otherwise he'll just jump right in!


- Madden was also able to go to a little 'craft and cooking camp' that was put on by a lady in our ward. He has had SO much fun going and I always get an ear-full when I pick him up about all the fun things he did.
- We celebrated our little Kolten's 1st birthday... can you believe it! I could never even begin to try and put into words how much joy this little boy has brought into our lives. We all love him SO much and his sweet little personality has been so fun to have in our home. Him and Madden are such great buddies and I just love watching them grow together. Happy Birthday my sweet little Kolten!


- With Father's Day being this last weekend, my neighbor and bestest Jessica invited us over to make the cutest little 'hamburger and french fry treat' for David. Madden had lots of fun making his dad and grandpa hall some 'lunch'. Here is what we did (the hamburger is yellow cup cakes as the buns, brownie as the patty- with red and yellow frosting for the ketchup and mustard and then sugar cookie french fries!):

- And since I am mentioning father's day... I just have to put a couple of lines on here about what an amazing father we are blessed to have as the head of our family. David is such a great father! He truly does have a special bond with both Madden and Kolten and it is so great to see them light up and get so excited when he gets home from work. They love playing with him and following him around wherever he goes. Thanks David for being such a great daddy!

- I won a family four pack of tickets to go see Sesame Street Live so we went and did that last night at the Mesa Arts Center. I was pleasantly surprised at how entertaining it was. But even more surprising was the fact that my little Kolten just sat on my lap and was glued to the performance the whole time! I thought me and David were going to have to take turns taking him into the hallway but he loved it. And of course... Madden loved it too. His favorite part was the 'Elmo's world' section. Here are some pics of us waiting to go to our seats:




We have been having a great summer so far and we are WAY excited for July to be here! Here is what we have going in July:
4th of July celebration in Heber
Renting Jet-skis and camping by the lake with friends
Volleyball tournament in St Johns and Hancock Reunion weekend
A Family vacation to San Deigo and Orange County!
Yay! Hopefully it doesn't go by too fast cause come August... I'm going to pretty much be going back to work full-time with my student teaching! Yikes!

3 comments:

debrajo said...

Holy Cow! Kolten is like a miniature of your dad. I am so jealous that you went to Sesame Street Live. I've got to find out how to be "in-the-know" about fun events like that. : ) I'm sure the kids LOVED it.

I love your cute little family! You guys look so happy. Keep being awesome!

Jaime Stephens said...

Wow, what a month! You guys have some fun things going on! I am jealous! I am pretty sure we are going to Heber for the 4th we need to get everyone together and play games or something...

{nicole coombs} said...

You guys are busy this July! When will you be in SanDiego? We will be there the last week of July like always. I Love that place!! Me and the boys will be in Heber for the 4th hopefully we will run into you guys!