Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tenney Family Reunion

I was so excited when David said he was willing to once again make the drive up north (for the 2nd weekend in a row) so that we could go to the Tenney Family Reunion. I know we were both very glad that we went. We had an awesome time visiting with family, eating great food, enjoying the weather, and of course the boys LOVED playing with cousins and being outside. For those of you who don't know... I come from a very big family. My dad has 6 brothers and 2 sisters, and I am the oldest grandchild of.... I think 47... give or take a couple. =) Needless to say there was a lot of great company there! Probably my most favorite part of the weekend was the little family church meeting we had Sunday morning. I sometimes forget how blessed I am to have such a great family... full of amazing and good people. Is sure can learn a lot from my grandparents as well as my parents. I sure do love them all!
Here are some pictures of the weekend-
Madden was really excited to be at grandpa's house and to get to sleep on the floor by his bed. He was especially excited when grandpa told him they were waking up at 6 to go fishing.

Kolten really liked going on rides in the Ranger.

How many cousins can you fit in a Ranger?

Cousins on the teeter-totter:

Madden loves to go fishing and was pretty excited each time he caught a fish (with grandpa's help of course):



Kolten just liked to look at the fish- he didn't want to touch it at all:

On the deck at the pond:

The cousins waiting in line to hit the pinata:

Me and Kolten waiting for Madden to get us some candy from the pinata:

Grandpa and Madden worked quick to fill hit shirt full of candy:

Kolten made a new buddy in his cousin Rudger. They are only about 4 months apart. We sure do wish we could see these guys more often!


Grandpa got some new baby chicks and Madden thought it was pretty cool that he could hold them:

Well another great weekend has now passed. Man... summer is going by too fast!

4 comments:

Aunt Tiff said...

i pregnant with number 52!! so glad you guys were able to come up!! The Sunday meetings are ALWAYS my favorite...and like I said before i appreciated David's testimony...we have an amazing family!! Love ya girl!!

Jami said...

I didn't get a chance to say goodbye and thank David for sharing his testimony, it was powerful. Thanks for making the sacrafice to come to the reunion, we sure do love you and are grateful for your example and goodness!!!

Jaime Stephens said...

Look at you blogging like crazy, I like it.. Looks like a fun reunion glad you got to go.. We had a fun time at your house watching the fight :-) thanks for letting us come over..

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a follower.. thanks and God bless..

http://forlots.blogspot.com/