Sunday, August 22, 2010

Counting some blessing...

I thought I was ready to start my student teaching experience, but lets just say that the first week was a pretty 'emotional' week for me. First I have to say that I LOVE the school I am doing my student teaching at. It's called Ranch Elementary and it is just about 5 miles from our house. I also LOVE my cooperating teacher and the principal at the school. They are both so great and so encouraging. Actually, the entire staff there has been so kind and I really feel so lucky to be there. With that said.... I cried each morning the entire first week after I dropped off my boys at Jessica's and then I also had an emotional night on Tuesday when I felt like I just didn't have enough time in the day to do everything I wanted/needed. It's been over 4 years since I've had to work full-time (which is exactly what student teaching is- work). I really don't know how working moms do it. I try not to think about the fun stuff I am missing out on during the day- I am especially missing the random 'cuddles' from my little Kolten, because surely he will soon be too big to want to do them anymore. =( But with that said, I feel so blessed to have Jessica watching my boys and knowing that they are in great hands. I also feel so blessed to have had the chance to complete my school through UOP and to finally be at the end of my program. And of course... I feel SO blessed knowing that in just 11 more weeks... I will be done with this and will once again be able to be stay at home with my two little guys. So here is to hoping these next 11 weeks go by really really fast!!!

8 comments:

Alvin & Jessica Pease said...

oh my gosh i have the cutest nephews in the whole wide world! i wish i lived close to you so i could watch them occasionaly. hang in there with the student teaching!

Brennon & Amber Adams said...

Amanda I am so proud of you! Student teaching was the hardest 12 weeks of my life! I can't even imagine doing it with 2 kids! Hang in there! I am so glad that your teacher is nice! That makes all the difference!

Rebecca said...

Hey Amanda...if you ever need extra help just give me a ring! Kolten was so cute He kept tapping me in church yesterday and when I would turn around he would give me the biggest smiles! So cute! Don't blame you for missing those cuties! You are a strong woman and what an accomplishment you will feel when all is done!

Aunt Tiff said...

Oh Manda!!! You are such an amazing, beautiful, talented, strong woman!!! I am soooo proud of your MANY accomplishments! Hang in there and know that it will all be worth it in the end!!! I love you so much and you will be in my prayers!!!

Nicole said...

Awwwe so sorry but yet WAY TO GO!!! What an accomplishment!! Hang in there it will be over before you know it!!Love ya beautiful woman!!

Camron and Lonna Connolly said...

Even though you don't get to spend all day with them they KNOW that they have a great mom, and that is all that matters! You are and awesome mom and housewife even if you are gone all day! Keep your head up girl! This too shall pass! Love you guys!!

debrajo said...

You poor thing! Student teaching is very difficult (I don't think anyone really understands it, unless they've been a teacher)...in fact the entire teaching profession is difficult, but rewarding. Just so you know, when the day comes that you have your own classroom...even if you wait until your kids are grown & don't have to drop them off at daycare, it's very possible that you will still cry every day. I cried frequently during the first quarter of teaching.... : ) Anyway, I'll bet you're doing an awesome job! Keep it up.

Now that I stay home with my boys, I make sure to have an awesome celebration on the first day of school...we celebrate that I don't have to leave anymore, and we go somewhere cool. : )

Rachel said...

I randomly came across your blog...wanted to say that you have two very handsome boys! It must be hard for you to leave them, I hope that the rest of your student teaching goes well for you.

Wishing you the best.

Rachel