Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A little bitter... but a whole lotta sweet.

Last Friday was my LAST day of student teaching! Can you believe it! There were many times that I felt like that day would never come. I really feel like this experience was one of the hardest of my life and I can honestly say that I am proud of myself for finishing. There were many times that I didn't think I would finish school... but hey- A lot of people go to school for seven years ("I know... they're called doctors). =)
We celebrated this weekend by going out on a double date night with our good pals Joe and Talia. We went to Oreganos (yum) and then to see the movie 'Red'- which I thought was a very good movie. The next day, I requested a celebration lunch with the boys to my FAVORITE place... Crackers. It was delicious! The weekend went by so fast and it was so nice that I didn't have to dread Sunday (knowing that the next day was Monday). The boys even slept in till 7:45! I have loved waking up these last two days, knowing that I get to fill my days with playtime with my boys and other household duties. I know I will miss teaching my 3rd grade class, but I am planning on going back to visit every now and then. My last day there, they all wrote me a letter and some even came to the front of the class to read it to me. It was very bittersweet.
I want to thank you all for your love, support and encouragement to help me get through these last 13 weeks. I am SO GLAD to be done!
Well... since I have been majorly slacking on the blog while student teaching... here are some pictures of things we've done these last 12 weeks:
Me and David celebrated our FIVE year anniversary! I can't believe I didn't get to write a mushy post about how much I love my husband and how I can't believe it has been five years. =) Oh well... he should know how much I love and adore him! (for our anniversary we stayed a night at the Arizona Grand Resort, got massages, and ate at Rustlers Rooste- awesome anniversary).

We went camping one weekend and had lots of fun!


Brotherly Love

Aunt Jesse brought Cousin LewLew over to play. The cousins LOVE to play together!

4 comments:

Jaime Stephens said...

Congrats on being done! Nice work..

Jaime Stephens said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaime Stephens said...

Congrats on being done! Nice work..

Curtis and Dani Welton said...

yay! It has to be so nice to be done! I love the post below what Madden said :) so cute.