Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Hecticness

I just LOVE the holidays. I love that people seem more cheerful, I love the Christmas lights and tree decorations, I love watching Christmas movies, I love getting yummy goodies from neighbors and not needing an excuse to drink hot chocolate at any time of the day. This year has been especially fun because Madden is older and is able to understand more about Christmas. He has been so excited and is anxious to see if Santa is going to bring him a "Lightning the queen bike" as he calls it. I also love that I can sit with him and explain to him the true meaning of Christmas and he somewhat understands.
Anyway... life has been pretty hectic lately. I have been gone a lot because of the holidays. Which has resulted in my house frequently looking like a tornado has come through. I am also nauseous on a daily basis. It usually starts around lunch time and progressively gets worse until I finally am able to go to sleep at night. We have tried to slowly start the packing process. I HATE moving. I really hope this ends up being a really good move for us. I'm looking forward to my husband not having to spend so much time in the car each day.
I didn't get the chance yet to post about our family Disneyland trip so I definitely want to do that. My brother Chace is leaving for his mission (today actually), and so we made the decision a long time ago to do a Tenney family trip to Cali. Everyone went but the two youngest grandsons- Kolten and Lewis (big thanks to Aunt Jami for watching Kolten for us!). We left early on Sunday the 5th and came home on Wednesday the 8th. The first day we all did California Adventure together then the 2nd day the older kids went to Knottsberry farm while a few of us went to Disneyland. It was the perfect time to go to Disneyland. The Christmas decorations were all up and the longest we had to wait in line was about 15 minutes! I had SO much fun. Mostly because I was with Madden the whole time and he had SO much fun. He loved seeing the characters and riding the rides. Of course his favorite was the buzz ride, but he even did some 'big boy' rides like Tower of Terror, Splash Mountain, and the bobsled ride. It was a great trip and it made me realize that I want to do family vacations much more often. I have to say though, one of my most favorite parts of the trip was when my dad had us all get together before we left to come home to have a 'family meeting'. It was the last time we would all be together for 2 years. Each of us were able to share our thoughts and feelings with each other. I am so proud of my little brother who is making the sacrifice to serve a mission for 2 years is Brazil. I know he is going to make a great missionary and will bring happiness to many people by teaching them of Christ. I am going to miss him like crazy, and I hope these 2 years go by fast.
Anyway... here are some pictures of our California trip!
Madden with Aunt Kimi getting ready to ride on the buzz ride.

Mom and Madden went up to see Tarzan's treehouse. Madden thought it was pretty cool.

Our only family pic of the trip.

We got to meet Jesse and one of the army guys.

Sully was super nice.

Madden flexing his muscles with Mr. Incredible.

On the bus from the parking lot to Disneyland... everyone is SO excited!

Waiting around

Me and my beautiful sister Maryssa

Madden and Uncle Trey were very excited for the trip!

0 comments: