Friday, January 21, 2011

A Good Start...

It's been a pretty good start for us for this new year. However, I was thinking yesterday and this morning how I didn't ever stop to think of any 'new years resolutions'. Granted... I don't usually follow through 100% with these, but I still feel like its a good step to make note of them. So here are just a few of my goals for 2011:


- Do more fun things with my boys. I love making these two smile and seeing them happy, and it's the little things they really enjoy. So we are going to read more books, do more baking, play with play-do (even though I hate the mess it makes), turn on loud music and dance, and do more library trips.
- I want to read more. I read some good books last year, but not near as many as I would have liked. I want to read some non-fiction, fiction, and inspirational books. Any suggestions on a 'must-read'?
- I'm due to have baby #3 in June. I would like to make it a goal to run a 10k in the fall, and a half marathon sometime during the winter. I do so much better with running when I sign up for a race. I'm hoping I can do Ragnar next year since I will miss out on it this year. I'm also debating on whether or not I want to make it a goal to do another triathlon. I had a lot of fun with the little one I did in Casa Grande, but it will all depend on if I can get into swimming again (definitely my weakness).
- Do better with couponing and try some new meals. I have some great cookbooks that have never been used. I plan on putting them to good use this year!
So did anyone else make any new years goals?

1 comments:

Marie said...

Go you!!

We sure do miss you out here! Our ward is seriously not as fun :(

You should read Fablehaven if you haven't yet--It's a series of 5 books, 1-3 were great, I'm on 4 now and it's a bit harder to get thru, but I think that's because I read the first 3 so fast. My next read is 'The Help'.

Hope you are doing good and those boys are good to you!